Help with silk base closure + knots

petitefille

I just purchased a silk base closure from bestlacewigs. However, the silk ends in the front and it becomes a lace for about an inch, and I can see the knots. I've seen various Youtube videos on bleaching knots with lace closures, but I don't want to mess this up.

Am I supposed to bleach just the front inch, where I can see the knots? Any suggestions? I've had a lot of trouble and wasted a lot of money ordering hair and I don't want to mess this up :(

petitefille said:
I just purchased a silk base closure from bestlacewigs. However, the silk ends in the front and it becomes a lace for about an inch, and I can see the knots. I've seen various Youtube videos on bleaching knots with lace closures, but I don't want to mess this up.

Am I supposed to bleach just the front inch, where I can see the knots? Any suggestions? I've had a lot of trouble and wasted a lot of money ordering hair and I don't want to mess this up :(

You should bleach wherever the hair will be intentionally parted or where the hair will fall and naturally part. I would do the whole thing.

I just watched one of Tiarra Monet's videos for bleaching knots and I liked how she did it. She uses a sponge instead of a brush which keeps the bleach from bleeding through and dying the roots of the hair.

Last edited:
I just want to be sure before I do anything. I found this video, which shows what I have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A77jG_rDbVA

In the video, the girl cuts the lace, but she doesn't dye it. However, I don't want to mess up the silk base by dyeing it, yet I can see the knots on that 1/3 inch of lace. I'm so confused!! TIA

petitefille...I can't look at the video at this moment...but I think that most people bleach the knots before cutting it and they only bleach the section under the hair. Don't worry about the part that you're going to cut off.

Is that what you were asking?

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I ended up not bleaching the knots :/ I tinted the silk colour with black tea but I don't think I left it in long enough. So I ended up using makeup. I'll post pics tomorrow!

Back