Help with Blowdryer Selection

Nita81

I'm in the market for a new blowdryer. My current one started to spark and I'm scared to use it again. What's a good one to get? Also what do think about ionic dryers....does it make a difference ? TIA

I bought an ionic soft bonnet dryer and it makes my rollersets frizzy!!! I have heard other people rave about the ionic dryers though.

I use an ionic blowdryer (by Andis) and actually like it much better than a regular blowdryer. It actually straightens my hair better and drys it in a lot less time that a regular blowdryer would. My hair is pretty thick and close to brastrap. It used to take about 30 minutes for me to blowdry - now it takes about 10 minutes.

Nita,

The key is to get a "Ionic/Ceramic" dryer. My stylist used the Chi Ionic/Ceramic after a texlax and it was amazing! The results last a long time! You can tell the difference in your hair immediately. I vowed to never go back to a regular dryer after that. I actually purchased a Conair Ionic/Ceramic dryer. It has different settings for heat and power. I started with a cheaper brand, because I wanted to see if I really needed to spend $200 on a dryer. I am pretty pleased with it so far.

I own a T3 and Chi. I prefer the Chi. It provides my hair with a smoother finish, like a flat iron. It gives shine too.

comike said:
Do you use this blow dryer with a brush or does it have a comb attachment? I wish I knew how to blow dry with a brush...I can't seem to get the hang of it...lack of coordination I guess.

It comes with a concentrator nozzle, but that's all. I use it with my wide-tooth comb. I do wish I had a comb attachment for it, because it gets tedious holding the dryer in one hand and my comb in another haha.

navsegda said:
It comes with a concentrator nozzle, but that's all. I use it with my wide-tooth comb. I do wish I had a comb attachment for it, because it gets tedious holding the dryer in one hand and my comb in another haha.

Never tried the concentrator nozzle...does it straighten your hair well?

comike said:
Never tried the concentrator nozzle...does it straighten your hair well?

It does pretty well. But I still need to run my Solia over it to get it bone straight (particularly the ends).

Back