HELP!!! why did i press my hair?

jammin22

Hello ladies,
So i've been natural for awhile BC July 2002. Anyhoo, last week i decided to get highlights and press my hair. Now I washed it out today and some of the ends are still straight....Do i have to cut them off or is there something I can do? Would a deep condition with some time under the hair dryer help? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm not natural now, but I use to be. When I straightened my hair back in the day it always took a few washings to get the same curly pattern back. I wouldn't panic yet.

I got my hair pressed and it STILL has straight parts. That was 4 months ago. Since then I decided to press on my own and the one I did on my own is the press in my album. I am trying to grow it out so I don't have to cut it off. Some of the curls started to form again, but a lot of the parts are still straight!! Just try deep conditioning and washing a few times. The may come back. Unfortunately some of mine didnt...:(

This has happened to me.. you might want to try a strong protein treatment like Aphogee..that did the trick for me the last time..

HTH!

This happened to me as well. I figured that the lady who did it was not skilled to me at all. She didn't even use a good heat protectant. Well I didn't know any better then. Evetually after a month because of the two different textures, I cut just the ends off . It was tough but hair grows.

Janice

This is exactly why I don't press my hair. I'm afraid of the same thing happening to me. I wonder if flat ironing has the same risks? :ohwell:

I strongly recommend a coconut milk with honey prepoo conditioning treatment. My hair bounced right back from a straight press - and my SIL who presses all the time got her curls back for the first time in months. If not deep conditioning will hopefully bring it back as long as the hair isn't actually heat damaged.

This is what happened to me when I colored my hair and then had my hair blown straight into a ponytail. The initial wash it was straight as if I had a perm. Then most of the hair returned to normal, but a year later the straight ends stayed straight. I decided to grow it out for a while before I had the straight ends cut.

When I used to do two strand twists it looked as if some [mostly in the front] of them were on crack. Anyway, I went to Curve [by the way I made it to the website, I am the one they decribe as 85% natural]. Miko cut the straight ends and my hair is taking me for it.

I would tell anyone HEAT AND PERMANENT COLOR do not mix, at least it didnt for me!

Divastate said:
I strongly recommend a coconut milk with honey prepoo conditioning treatment. My hair bounced right back from a straight press - and my SIL who presses all the time got her curls back for the first time in months. If not deep conditioning will hopefully bring it back as long as the hair isn't actually heat damaged.
where do you get coconut milk from DivaState?

Back