Help! What is wrong with my hair?

cutiebe2

Hey Girls,
I have been on here for a while but even us more experienced hair growers have bumps in the road. I have been having more breakage than usual for the past two months. About three weeks ago I did an aphogee treatment thinking that would solve things. My hair feels better but there is still small hairs around. I don't know what has changed. My hair is fragile but it feels even more so now. There must be something I am missing? I usual moisturize and put my hair in a bun daily. I try to either DC or cowash twice a week. I am also planning on taking supplements again (iron, Biotin) to see if that helps.
BTW: I am natural. I am also getting more knots at the end of my hair than usual. I may have to detangle more?
If anyone has any insight that would be great!

thanks!

Hi.I'm sorry this is happening to you. I'm a newbie so not much i can say to help you change it.Hopefully some of the girls will have some great tips to get you out of the woods.Goodluck.HHG!

maybe the small hairs are due to protein overload,
maybe u need to stop doing aphogee treatments and focus solely on DC with moisturixing products only. and while doing this moisturize and seal while air dryiing.
do you use heat?
and remember it takes a while to get hair to its healthy state, dont give up just yet, keep taking care of it and listening to you hair.
It took me a month of DCing before i even touched anything with protein, its all about finding that balance.

HTH

maybe u need to stop doing aphogee treatments and focus solely on DC with moisturixing products only. and while doing this moisturize and seal while air dryiing.
do you use heat?
and remember it takes a while to get hair to its healthy state, dont give up just yet, keep taking care of it and listening to you hair.
It took me a month of DCing before i even touched anything with protein, its all about finding that balance.

HTH
I only did the Aphogee because my hair was breaking. As I said I DC about 2x per week and have been for the past year. I just do Aphogee on an as needed basis (especially becuase I am natural). I haven't used heat in 1.5 years.

What DC are you using have you checked the ingredients? Sometimes you may just need to which up the product because the hair for whatever reason no longer responds to it.

What DC are you using have you checked the ingredients? Sometimes you may just need to which up the product because the hair for whatever reason no longer responds to it.
Thanks. I was thinking I would give my hair a good chelate and then use another DC like you said. I am only 3in from BSL so I don't want to move further from my goal!!!

do you use heat?

HTH

ITA with everything UGQueen said. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Cutie, could it be that maybe you need to rotate some new products in? Do you think that a simple change of products might be helpful to you? Sorry if this is a dumb suggestion. :look:

Cutie, could it be that maybe you need to rotate some new products in? Do you think that a simple change of products might be helpful to you? Sorry if this is a dumb suggestion. :look:
Thats not a dumb question at all. You are the second person to say that so I think I may switch things up. I have been doing damp buns but I may go back to plaiting my hair and using shea butter with JBCO. I may leave the Hello Hydration alone for a while too

Back