help! Underprocessed hair.

prettybrownjaz

Okay, so my hair is underprocessed and it wont get straight for anything. Does anyone else have this problem and what should I do to keep my hair from breaking off? Also wwould you recommend switching to a lye relaxer? Right now I use Dark and Lovely (super).

Have you tried roller sets or blowouts? They're better for your hair than using any direct heat i.e. curling irons. DON'T switch relaxers that will make things worse. As I believe, no-lye is better for the hair anyway. Seek a professional's advice. Really, only pros should apply relaxers anyway.

I have three months worth of underprocessed hair on top of 2 months of new growth
cry3.gif
i know your pain. Girl, I don't even try to wear my hair straight. I wear twistouts or a bun until my real stylist can relax both parts. Hope you get more good advice
smile.gif

When my hair was underprocessed I found that braidouts worked really well for camouflaging the new growth with my straight hair. And I didn't have to do much combing, which can cause breakage with the difference in textures. In terms of the relaxers, some women find that the no lye is very drying to their hair and have had better results with the lye version.

yeah i think im going to switch to lye bc frankly im tired of doing relaxers myself. as my hair is getting longer, it's much harder and I need to cut it in the back. So I think Im going to go to stylist, get her to put in a lye relaxer, cut it even in the back, and then I'll do a Aphogee treatment a few days after the relaxer. Or should I have her do it for me right after she puts the lye relaxer in? I relaxed the front of my hair like 4 weeks ago and the back like 8weeks ago. HOw much longer should I wait, or should I go head now and make the appointment with the stylist? thanks

Back