HELP! Transitioning With Dry Damaged Hair

brownsuga_91

A friend of mine needs desperate help, she's decided to go natural and is currently 3 months post relaxer. Her roots are very thick and her hair overall is very dry and also damaged. Does anyone know of some good conditioners or moisturizers that will help her? :perplexed Thx

if she's transitioning anyway would she consider just going ahead and cutting it and wearing weaves/wigs??

I found Nexxus Humectress to be a really good conditioner that helped to moisturize and strengthen my hair. I like it because it can be used as a regular conditioner or a deep conditioner and it can be found at CVS or Target. As a deep conditioner, I leave the Humectress on for 15-20 minutes covered with a plastic cap and sitting under a heated dryer.

I found that technique can be as important as the product. So, whatever products she chooses, she should try to deep condition at least once per week.

Since her is damaged she could cut it, that would be her best option.

But as for as conditioners and moisturizers,

Deep Conditioners:

Lekair Shea Butter Cholesterol
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Cholesterol
Proclaim Cholesterol
Coconut Milk+Cholesterol

(I use all of these, they work well as for as adding moisture to the hair)

Moisturizers:

S-curl no drip Spray
Carefree Gold
Sta-Sof-Fro
Water & Glycerin

(I've only used the S-curl, it's a good moisturizer)
*Most water based moisturizers tend to work well for certain hair types, I'm sure it will help her.

~HTH~

I dunno if this may help but have you tried Ultra Black Hair Lotion Creme Moisturizer "Minimizes Hair Breakage"....
....Lotion creme moisturizer imparts essential moisture and oils to soften a dry hair type. This non-greasy formula is great on natural, pressed, or chemically processed hair. Can be applied to wet hair or for daily maintenance.

Benifits include:
  • More oil for dry hair types
  • Non-greasy formula leaves a luxurious feel
  • soft, smooth hair
  • fragrance free
As for Conditioners: tell her to try Conditioners for that specify for dry, damaged, or chemically treated hair: the cons that give her nice slip, soft, and smoothness she should use and see which ones improve the overall quality of her hair. ~HTH~

I tried to do this same thing and failed. I just cut it off. She may not want to do that, so I also agree w/ the person who suggested wigs and phony pony.

Back