HELP!! Those that use ORS relaxers

Cleve_gryl

Hey ladies, I bought my very first ORS kit at Sally's today (get a free satin pillowcase with this), and out of curiosity opened the box to just look around. I noticed the neutralizing poo comes in a pack like the replen pak. Is this enough poo to neutralize 3-4 times with?!? In my old at home relaxer days I'd get a little bottle of poo in a kit.

Just curious if I need to go buy a bottle of poo so my hair don't fall out from lack of neutralizer :eek: TIA

The shampoo does seem a bit small but I have found it to be good enough to neutralize. I have very thick bra strap lenght hair and I've never ran out of shampoo. My estimate is that I get about 3 latherings. If you still feel unsure it's best to get some extra neutralizing shampoo it's better to be safe than sorry.

It is not enough for me, personally. But, I am paranoid. I like to load the neutralizer on. I really don't feel comfortable with that packet alone.

I guess it depends on the person.

Edited to add:

Isn't that kit labeled for 2 touchups? They know they need to put more shampoo in there!

I like to be safe then sorry. I always buy the big bottle to have cuz that lil ole pack in the box is not enough for me:) Plus I'm heavy handed too:/

That little pack of shampoo does not cut it for me. Go on and get yourself a regular size bottle. Like Tsmith said, it is better to be safe than sorry.

My friend does my touch ups, but I think she always have enough with the packet. Now you all have me paranoid, I may have to buy a bottle and take it with me to her house on touch up days for added precaution. :lol:

Honeydew and Nelli - I'm not fooling with y'all today, I'm not spending any moeny this week. Well maybe $11.95 for the C-Pak at Mastercuts. Dang, I had this PJ thing under control for about 6 months now it's back. :D

Sorry to hijack the thread!

Cleve_gryl said:
Hey ladies, I bought my very first ORS kit at Sally's today (get a free satin pillowcase with this), and out of curiosity opened the box to just look around. I noticed the neutralizing poo comes in a pack like the replen pak. Is this enough poo to neutralize 3-4 times with?!? In my old at home relaxer days I'd get a little bottle of poo in a kit.

Just curious if I need to go buy a bottle of poo so my hair don't fall out from lack of neutralizer :eek: TIA

No it wasn't enough for me, especially since I shampoo 2x, let it sit for 10 minutes and shampoo 2x again. I used some of my left over SE shampoo. I am kinda mad I didn't get a satin pillow slip.

Last edited:
Thanks yall!! I am a bit paranoid, and am pretty heavy handed myself. I will def go buy a bottle to be on the safe side.

You're right Honeydew, they know that packet isn't enough for one touch-up let alone two. :look:

It seems to be just enough for me. My hair is just at APL and I'm able to get 3-4 lathers out of the pack.

I found it to be enough for me and my hair is APL and pretty thick. I noticed that the more saturated my hair is with water the less shampoo I have to use.

It is enough, but I brought the big bottle just to be sure.:lol: I wish mine came with a satin pillowcase.:ohwell: I read here the best way to neutralize i to lather up and let the shampoo sit on your head for five minutes, then rinse. Happy growing.:)

It is enough, but I brought the big bottle just to be sure.:lol: I wish mine came with a satin pillowcase.:ohwell: I read here the best way to neutralize i to lather up and let the shampoo sit on your head for five minutes, then rinse. Happy growing.:)

Back