HELP--STRAIGHT HAIR--- NO CURL

ellennicole

Okay. I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail for a while now. I want to wear it down.. but no matter what... my hair ends up STRAIGHT. Even when I get it done @ the beauty salon it's flat within two hours. I really like that bouncy fresh-done look you get after a salon visit. I did a roller set, then wrap HOPING it would have some kind of bump/curl... but of course NOTHING. Does anybody else have hair that simply REFUSES to hold curl? My hair was like this EVEN when I was natural and was wearing a press.It's very fine and anything too heavy weighs it down. Anyway the only time it will hold curl is if I do a braid out.... Does anybody have hair that just won't hold curls? Any suggestions on what products/styles I can wear for variation?

Yeah. I did the twist rods @ the salon and those worked really well. I do that at home too. I combine that with the braid-out. Braids tend to make my hair break so I don't do braids anymore.
frown.gif

Hi there
wave.gif

One of my clients hair is similar to yours... (i'm not a pro... just an emerging kitchen-tician
laugh.gif
). Anyway, I wash then "set" her hair on "mesh" rollers to "AIR DRY" then send her on her happy way. She tells me that once she's dry, the curls are "locked in" much tighter than they were when I used the hooded dryer. Oh and another thing, she even has curls the next day too (if pin curled in place then covered with a satin bonnet)
smile.gif

Products...poo Motions or Con, cond Motions Moisture +, Motions leave in, just a dab of Wonder 8 oil
smile.gif

Back