HELP! STILL lookin' for leave-in

loverofnaps71

HELP! STILL lookin\' for leave-in

Hi,

I have inquired previously about a good daily leave in conditioner. Still have had no luck in that department. Can you guys provide some help in this area. I am a natural with 3c/4a hair type.

Thanks a bunch!!! <font color="purple"> </font>
confused.gif

Re: HELP! STILL lookin\' for leave-in

what leave-in's have you already tried?

my two current favorites:
*Joico K-Pak Smoothing Balm
*Giovanni Direct Stay In

I also like Joico Integrity but I don't use it anymore. Its very lightweight.

I always use this with a small amount of oil of some sort. I have found that my leave-ins don't work as well w/o it. Oil by itself isn't so great either, so its the combination of both that I have found to be most effective.

What have you tried so far?

I like Motions Oil moisturizer and Elasta QP recovery. I also like Profectiv's products.

I have 4A hair but I like Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Nexxus headdress (mixed w/oil) and recently started loving Razac Perfect for Perms Leave-In.

<font color="brown">I really like and recommend Aveda Elixir.

I also agree with what Kaela said about the oil. After I apply my leave-in, I then apply a little oil. My sets (and air-dry styles) come out great every time and my hair stays adequately moisturized until my next wash.

AngieK </font>

Aubrey's Organics produces a leave-in conditioner. I patronized my local health food store, looking for Aubrey's Organics GPB, and noticed the leave-in.

I have not used this product. However, if the leave-in is as good as the GPB, then it's worth a try.

northernbelle

I mix Giovanni Direct Leave-In with almond oil! My hair loves this combo!

Hi and thanks to all! I have heard so many positive things about Nexxus, Motions, and Aubrey's products. I'll just have to begin with one and keep trying.

Thanks so much again!!!

When you add oil to your leave-in conditioner, how much do you add and do you put it right in the bottle? Where do you buy the Giovanni leave-in?

Hi Hairlove,
I purchase it from Whole Foods which carries a lot of heath food products and it's presently on sale there until the end of this month. You can also order it from Vitamin Shoppe. I just threw out their catalog otherwise I would post the phone #. Oh, that's right they have a website it's
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com.

As far as mixture amounts I'm still in the experimental stage. Presently I'm finishing off my last concoction which was mixed in the remains 5 oz bottle of Wondergro Shea Butter Mega Moisture Oil. Though not a complete science, my measurement were in inches relative to the 5 oz bottle: <ul type="square">
1 inch of oil (1/4 part)
1 inches of leave-in (1/4 part)
2 inches of distilled water (1/2 part) [/list]

Next time I'm going to try WGO as my oil and if necessary I planning to use a little of Aloe vera as well.

think.gif
since I have 1/3 of my bottle left I think I'll mix a little Aloe Vera (1/4 tsp) in tonight.

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
AngieK,

your hair is very pretty.

What is your hair's length currently?

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="brown">Northernbelle,

Thanks for the compliment!
drunk.gif

I am not sure how long it is now because I am about 10 weeks post-relaxer. However, I think I am probably just a few inches away from the top of my brastrap. At last measure, I was 3 inches away.

AngieK </font>

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
When you add oil to your leave-in conditioner, how much do you add and do you put it right in the bottle? Where do you buy the Giovanni leave-in?

[/ QUOTE ] I buy Giovanni's Direct Leave-In from the Vitamin Shoppe, we have a store close to me, or you can go online to order at www.thevitaminshoppe.com I mix it in my palm, rub it together, and put it on my hair before I air dry. No specific measures, maybe half of each!

Can someone tell me the price of Giovanni leave-in and if it's available off-line somewhere? (There's no vitamin shoppe where I live.)

Hairlove, My bottle says $8.95 but I got it at the Vitamin Shoppe for a small percentage off. Try Vitaminshoppe.com. Too bad you missed last month's sale...

I am partial to Nexxus Headress but I use Biolage Leave-in Tonic from time to time for its detangling and shine.

While we're on the topic of leave-ins...can anyone recommend some "cheap" MILKY leave-ins (similar to Biolage Leave-In Tonic)? I'm thinking I may just have to fork out the money for the Biolage...

Hairlove, ( I don't know if you've stated that you tried this already) but I thought that the Biotera was very comparable to the Biolage.

I dont know about the Biolage but I am currently loving the Razac Perfect for Perms Leave-In. Its milky - - not watery or creamy, but in between.

Yep, Supergirl, I tried the Biotera - it soaps up when I use it for some reason...I have a friend who has the same thing happen. I am guessing they've switched formulas or something.

I just can't seem to find anything that compares to Biolage!

Okay,

Now I remember you telling us about the soapy thing.

Elucence Moisture Balance is creamy--but a thin cream. Maybe like a thick milky substance. Some of the ladies mix it with water and use it that way.

Putting about a quarter sized amount in my hair really leaves it soft and moisturized and you can't beat the smell either!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking I may just have to fork out the money for the Biolage...

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
smile.gif

I'm buying and trying the Biolage detangling solution and the Biolage daily leave in tonic today. With 8 weeks of new growth, I'm hoping to conditioner wash with more ease and fewer tangles.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
I dont know about the Biolage but I am currently loving the Razac Perfect for Perms Leave-In. Its milky - - not watery or creamy, but in between.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently puchased it and really like it as well.

Tebby

Back