Help Sew-In Wearers...Need Tips

Selene

Hey, I have my Indian Curly hair, I just want to make sure my beautician sews it in right. How should she sew in a hand-tied weft? And what sort of braid patterns do you guys use. My girl is good, but I don't think she's used hand-tied wefts before. My appointment is Saturday so anything you all can tell me would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just make sure she doesnt cut the ends because then it will unravel, she can fold it over when he runs out of head space. Someone on BHM said to not poke the needle through the thread but I plan on doing it anyway and cant see how to get it sewn in without doing that. :(
If you dont get alot of answers pm carmend and shell probably be able to help you better.

You can sew around the weft without poking a though. That comprises the weft.

All you do is when you sew around it, pull the needle between the thread and pull through. This makes a knot and holds it in place. :)

I braid my hair and then sew on a net. Then I sew the hair to the net. This gives more versatility, I think, 'cause you don't have to sew the hair to the braids. You can sew it on however you like.

Before I used the net, I braided my hair vertically and sewed the hair on horizontally.

And if she needs to cut the weft, make sure she cuts it up and down and not at an angle. She can either tie it off or put some clear nail polish on the threads to keep it from shedding.

I second the cutting and making a knot in the hair, but I tried that about a week ago and it was pretty difficult. I just can't see a hairdresser making time to do it properly which is why i suggested the folding over when needed. But maybe Im too much of a cynic. :)

Back