HELP: Self relaxed and now breakage

Gemini350z

Hello Ladies!

Like a dummy, I attempted to self relax today, and failed. I think I overlapped, but I put loads of conditioner on all my previously relaxed strands.

I used ORS Olive oil (normal), I didnt keep it on longer than 15 mins.

But as I was combing after I neutralized and put in my conditioner, I noticed breakage.

What should I do? Please advise?

Have you tried a protein treatment? Also, are you sure you neutralized properly? Hopefully someone will come along to better help you. Good Luck.

Sorry this happened to you!!!

Next time try normalizing your hair with Frech Perm stabilizer plus. http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-neutralizer/SBS-105142,default,pd.html

Also, I would DC a little more frequently. Maybe 2x week, but no less than once a week. My hair like ORS rep Paks and Ion Effective Care Intensive Therapy Paks http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-repair-therapy/ION22,default,pd.html

Also try spraying a little Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer on wet hair before any heat styliing. http://www.sallybeauty.com/Keratin-green-tea/SBS-670574,default,pd.html The heat helps the product.

Last edited:
Yes, I neutralized with the aloe shampoo, shampooed three times, and left it on for a good five minutes.

When I relaxed my hair did not get straight at all i dont even think it processed fully.

I did not do a protein treatment, i thought about it, but then I thought it might be too harsh since I just relaxed. So I am not sure what I should do.

Hmmmm, doesn't protein make the hair harder and proned to more breakage? I would think a deep moisturizing conditioning treatment. I really just came to give you a (((HUG))). I know the feeling. Good luck and I hope someone comes along with the advice you need, or maybe you got it already...

Thank you *hugs*

Hope this does not ruin my progress. I really should have waited but with school its so hard to get to the salon.

Try Nutrine Garlic Shampoo and deep moisturizing treatments...works wonders with shedding and breakage! HTH!

Yes, I neutralized with the aloe shampoo, shampooed three times, and left it on for a good five minutes.

When I relaxed my hair did not get straight at all i dont even think it processed fully.

I did not do a protein treatment, i thought about it, but then I thought it might be too harsh since I just relaxed. So I am not sure what I should do.

Does your hair feel hard and krinkly in the underprocessed areas? In the areas where I had my breakage it felt this way. I was told to use a deep moisturizing conditioner focusing on those areas and also use porosity control. My hair is very coarse so I was advised to stay away from any hard proteins but could use a reconstructor in a few weeks.

I am sitting under the dryer with a mixture of ORS replenishing conditioner and jocio k pak conditioner, hopefully this will help.

I will go get that garlic shampoo.

Does your hair feel hard and krinkly in the underprocessed areas? In the areas where I had my breakage it felt this way. I was told to use a deep moisturizing conditioner focusing on those areas and also use porosity control. My hair is very coarse so I was advised to stay away from any hard proteins but could use a reconstructor in a few weeks.

My hair is still wet, but it feels really moisturized actually. It almost ended up being a texturizer, I really didnt get to smooth, because I knew I was messing up. So I just immediately washed it out and neutralized. I am not sure exactly where the breakage is happening. But I will keep it moisturized!

The French Perm Stabilzer Plus works on me like Roux porosity control, but I actually like the FPSP better...:yep:

My hair is still wet, but it feels really moisturized actually. It almost ended up being a texturizer, I really didnt get to smooth, because I knew I was messing up. So I just immediately washed it out and neutralized. I am not sure exactly where the breakage is happening. But I will keep it moisturized!

try that Aphogee...i can't use strong proteins bc my hair is very coarse and it makes my hair hard, but this one is very light and helps my shedding from my transition...

The French Perm Stabilzer Plus works on me like Roux porosity control, but I actually like the FPSP better...:yep:

Do you think that will help the hard crinkly hair at my roots? It is such a weird texture compared to the rest of my hair. My breakage in those areas did stop after a few days and it wasn't a whole lot but enough.

I am a little confused, I thought that that creamy aloe shampoo was for everyday use, and the regular neutralizing shampoo was for washing out relaxers, Well thats what my stylist always used to wash mines out, I have attached a pic of it, the one on the left is what i use for washing out relaxers at the salon. however I do use the aloe shampoo at home.

Hope your hair gets better, it took me a while to get the hang of self relaxing, but now that I relax every four months, I just go on to the salon to make sure its not botched

Attachments

• neutralizing.jpg
    neutralizing.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 4
  • shamp.gif
    shamp.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 4
Back