HELP!!! Relaxer in 2 Days and My Hair is DRRYYYY! Can I do a quick DC???

NYLegalNewbie

I need HELP!!!!!!

My relaxer is supposed to get done on Saturday morning (and I REALLY need one).

But thanks to a not so great protein treatment last night, my hair is DRYYY!!!!

Would it be safe to do a DC on dry hair, rinse, and then a quick roller set?

Please let me know what ya'll think ASAP!!!!

I think 48 hours before your touch up is fine. Just make sure you don't scratch your scalp up during your rollerset.

I need HELP!!!!!!

My relaxer is supposed to get done on Saturday morning (and I REALLY need one).

But thanks to a not so great protein treatment last night, my hair is DRYYY!!!!

Would it be safe to do a DC on dry hair, rinse, and then a quick roller set?

Please let me know what ya'll think ASAP!!!!

I have sensitive scalp and I was told not to wash my hair at least 5 days before a relaxer. When this happens to me I use sunsilk hydra tlc creme on my hair. It solves the problem. HTH

I would say since you are so close to getting a relaxer, in order to ensure you not getting burned, just apply a really good daily moisterizer to you hair instead of doing a DC. Either a liquid mositerzer or creamy one should be fine. Run the mositerzer through your hair and style it in a way that wil not manipulate the hair too much. After you relaxer, you can then DC and do as you wish.

I would say since you are so close to getting a relaxer, in order to ensure you not getting burned, just apply a really good daily moisterizer to you hair instead of doing a DC. Either a liquid mositerzer or creamy one should be fine. Run the mositerzer through your hair and style it in a way that wil not manipulate the hair too much. After you relaxer, you can then DC and do as you wish.

Already tried the moisturizer suggestion and it really didn't do any good to remedy the situation :perplexed

I'm going to do a DC on dry hair, rinse, no shampoo, and then just let it air dry with a leave it. That way, my scalp won't be manipulated that much.

I'm just going to base the HELL out of my scalp on relaxer day!

Anytime I do protein treatment I follow it with a moisturizing conditioner and let that sit on my hair for some time (sometimes it more a deep conditioner) and I then cold rinse out. Proceed to apply with oil to seal in moisture and I'm good to go.

I have 4 days until relaxer day being Monday 11/19 and my last day for me to wash is on Saturday which is when i will do Reconstructive treatment and Dc/oil following. Therefore allowing more than 24 hours at minimum before relaxer application.

Just don't to much manipulation with your scalp and you should be fine. But they say its best not to apply a relaxer on dry hair due to breakage reasons

Back