Help! Question about cones......

LaBelleLL

So I've been using Dr. Miracle's serum spot treater on my scalp and hair. I would like to shampoo my hair in order to remove the build-up. Should I use a clarifiyng shampoo, a chelating shampoo, or a sulfate shampoo ?

The ingredients in the serum are:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Menthol, Peppermint Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil) Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Phenyltrimethicone, Fragrance, D&C Red #17, D&C Violet #2

I looked around on the board and there was no clear answer for those who asked about washing out cones.

As for a chelating shampoo, there was some controversy over whether ORS Creamy Aloe was a moisterizing or chelating shampoo. What do you guys think it is?

Can you recommend a chelating shampoo and sulfate shampoo?

Thanks in advance guys....

The only shampoo that takes cones out of your hair is a sulfate shampoo. Idk what's in a chelating shampoo but I use any regular sulfate containing shampoo and it takes out the cones.

I use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of cones, a regular sulfate shampoo wouldn't work for me for this purpose because I use a lot of cones.

I clarify every 3-4 weeks.

I've never used the ORS or any chelating shampoos, so I can't help there. Most shampoos have sulfates unless they mention they are sulfate free, they're all over the place so you shouldn't have trouble finding any.

I use any moisturizing brand, Pantene, Aphogee, Mizani, Herbal Essences, whatever is on sale works for me.

I don't really have any advice for your first question. But i knot that ors aloe sure isn't moisturising, that shampoo drys out my scalp it's awful- and it sure don't moisturise my hair.

I don't really have any advice for your first question. But i knot that ors aloe sure isn't moisturising, that shampoo drys out my scalp it's awful- and it sure don't moisturise my hair.

IMO: The Key to Successfully using any Deep Cleansing/Clarifying/Chelating/Exfoliating/Anti-Dandruff 'Poo is to definitely replenish and put the moisture back into your tresses.

Most of them, will thoroughly cleanse the hair/scalp etc.....and can sometimes cause a drying effect (some more than others), so it's best to follow up with your Moisturizing Regimen afterwards.:yep:

^ I do. Trust me but what i'm saying is that it just does not moisturise at all, not like con. I guess if you use the replenishing pack after, it's cool.

I use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of cones, a regular sulfate shampoo wouldn't work for me for this purpose because I use a lot of cones.

I clarify every 3-4 weeks.

I've never used the ORS or any chelating shampoos, so I can't help there. Most shampoos have sulfates unless they mention they are sulfate free, they're all over the place so you shouldn't have trouble finding any.

I use any moisturizing brand, Pantene, Aphogee, Mizani, Herbal Essences, whatever is on sale works for me.

Ceebee, thanks for this. I see you use a clarifier to remove the build-up. I will do the same. This makes me very happy; I don't have go buy anything. Why do you say a chelator wouldn't work? I'm just curious.

How many times do you wash in one session? Do you look for that stripped, squeaky clean feeling to know that everything has been removed?

The only shampoo that takes cones out of your hair is a sulfate shampoo. Idk what's in a chelating shampoo but I use any regular sulfate containing shampoo and it takes out the cones.

Hmm. I did read this in previous boards. Now I don't know if I should clarify or use sulfate.

Is it harsh on my hair to use a sulfate shampoo once a month since I use so much cones?

Ceebee, thanks for this. I see you use a clarifier to remove the build-up. I will do the same. This makes me very happy; I don't have go buy anything. Why do you say a chelator wouldn't work? I'm just curious.

How many times do you wash in one session? Do you look for that stripped, squeaky clean feeling to know that everything has been removed?

I think that's because chelates are meant for mineral build-up. Just a guess though, I could be wrong. :)

No problem, I only wash once, it's enough for me, I don't look for the squeaky clean feeling but I usually feel it right away. I rinse really well first and I let the shampoo sit for a minute before rinsing it out.

I don't think that a chelator would not work, I think it does the same thing so I just never bothered to look for one.

Some people can not use sulfate shampoos because it dries their hair or irritates the scalp, I use one every week and I don't have problems with it. I've also used sulfate free and they're not bad either.

My hair is really not picky so I think I can get away with using just about anything.

Back