Help:Protective style ideas needed for short hair

ronakajones

I am new to LHCF and I am looking for protective styles and no heat styling ideas for short hair other than braids and extentions. Let me know if anyone has any and pictures would be great.

I can't think of too many "protective" styles for shorter hair, but I can suggest some really good low manipulation styles that can last for days. Have you tried rod/straw sets; braidouts, twistouts; rollersets.

I don't have any pics of me wearing these styles on relaxed hair (at least none online). But I'm sure there are other ladies here who can point you in the right direction.

I agree, you may need to do low maintenance until you can protect without the aide of wigs or extentions. You can try pin-curls.

ronakajones said:
I am new to LHCF and I am looking for protective styles and no heat styling ideas for short hair other than braids and extentions. Let me know if anyone has any and pictures would be great.

How short is your hair?

Check out my hair album at this section. This was when I 1st started lhcf and tired different things as a protective style. I have alot of pics from my 1st style attempts. Of course as time goes on you will get better. http://public.fotki.com/teneice/2005_photo_albumhai/progress_and_styles/

Last edited:
Protective styles are hard w/ short hair becuz its difficult concealing/hiding your ends (this is if your hair is as short as mine). This can be frustrating sometimes, but we will get to that point eventually. :)

The low manip. styles are prolly best. I havent tried the braid out/twist out method yet becuz I cant find neone to help w/ my back. My sis is sposed to come over and help this weekend tho, if her schedule doesnt change. So if I can get it to work, Ill def. post pix in my fotki, etc. :D There is a short hair thread too, I cant find it right now but I think its stickied up at the top...

Before my hair was long enough for a pony tail or bun I would do get it well conditioned and wore a lot of different head wraps and I did wigs a lot (I actually collect wigs) I got a lot of growth that way but, you have to be careful wearing wigs that you're not having too much friction between the wig and your hair I had a problem with that and lost a lot of length.

Back