HELP!!!! Please save my hair!!!

redeemed516

It's been almost 3 years since i had a relaxer!! I absolutely love my natural hair but i think it's mad at me. Please tell me that one of you hair care experts can help me with my hair. I decided the tuesday before christmas to get it flat ironed. went to the shop... came out beautiful. My hair was lovely and silky. Well after two weeks of me fussing with it (i haven't had to do much to it in 3 years) enough was enough, so i washed it. This was last night. as i was washing i notice that my left side hung a little more than the right. The right was it's normal, bouncy, curly, afro self...the left...not so much. I figured it still had a little left over "gunk" so i wash again. still nothing. I believe the left side of my hair is mad!! It won't curl. it looks texlaxed!! and i barely know what that means!!! I'm crushed. Please tell me that there is something i can do...other than relaxing, always pressing, or starting over. I really, really love my hair and if someone can help i promise to never miss treat it again!!! I didn't fight all those hair battles just to come this far and lose the war!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Sounds like you have heat damage, which is permanent. Do a protein treatment like Apoghee 2-step or any reconstructor like Joico K-pak and that may help some of your curl return.

Sounds like you have some heat damage. It may be permanently loosened, and if so there's really not much you can do. The one thing you can try is a protein treatment. If your hair is ok with hard protein then try that, if not, then do a light one and see what happens (ex: aphogee 2 min). That does work for some people. It may take a couple times, but it could work.

You can always disguise it by wearing curly styles like twistouts, flexi-rod sets, bantu-knot outs, etc.

It really is too bad this happened. Next time, make sure to use a heat protectant and lower heat.

Back