HELP! Please!!! Prepooing Overnight?!

• Thread starter Thread starter FunJoy!
  • Start date Start date
F

FunJoy!

Hey Ladies,

I really need your help, I'm gonna do my first prepoo and I think it is going to be overnight, I just have a few questions...

#1. Will Prepooing overnight cause moisture overload?

#2. HOW DO YOU PREPOO?! I could never invison it.

#3. I'm going to use EVOO & Dabur Vatika Oil...Are these Ok?

TIA..HELP MEEEEEEEEE!

TIA..HELP MEEEEEEEEE!

Not that I am an expert, but I believe you should coat your hair with some moisture then seal the moisture in with the EVOO and/or Dabur Vatika Oil for an effective pre-poo. Oil does not moisturize per se, but it locks in moisture.

#1. Will Prepooing overnight cause moisture overload? It really depends on your hair. My hair tends towards dryness always and pre-pooing is a staple for me. ETA I forgot to say that you don't have to always prepoo overnight. If your hair isn't too dry, try doing it the night before a hardcore protein treatment or other treatment.

#2. HOW DO YOU PREPOO?! I could never invison it. Here is what I do. I part my hair in smallish sections, put coconut oil all through it. Then on top of that I use Queen Helene cholesterol or whatever cholesterol. Then once my whole head is done I bun, wrap with a big scarf and go to bed. I go on about my business (sometimes I'm lazy and don't wash until Sunday, I prepoo Friday night after work) I wash, DC with an Ors pak and I'm done.

#3. I'm going to use EVOO & Dabur Vatika Oil...Are these Ok? Both are great but you probably don't need both. I'd use one or the other. I have used the Dabur vatika oil in the past and it's great stuff. Evoo doesn't do much for my hair at all.

I've been searching for a good video tutorial I came across last week on You tube but can't find it. There are others though. Just go to you tube and type in pre-poo. I'll be doing one myself and apply it with a perm brush throughout my new growth as if I'm relaxing it... I'm transitioning and I'll be doing this overnight or at least an hour before go to my stylist in the morning for wash and style.

You could also type in "prepoo" in this search engine - there are alot of different methods and products used....

1. That depends on your hair. If it's dry, probably not...if it's not, then maybe. I also think MO can be corrected during the wash sometimes by using a sulfate poo and then DCing with protein. You really have to listen to your hair.
2. I use a cheapie condish (usually V05 S&C or WRTC along with castor oil and amla oil). I slather it on dry hair and put on a plastic cap. I usually leave it on for 1-3 hours then wash and DC.
3. I think EVOO & Vatika are ok, but I prefer to add something creamy to the mix because it adds moisture to my hair.

PO: If this is your first prepoo, I wouldn't do it overnight. Try it for 30 minutes to an hour the first go 'round to see how your hair responds and decide whether the ingredients are a good fit for what you're trying to achieve.

1. That depends on your hair. If it's dry, probably not...if it's not, then maybe. I also think MO can be corrected during the wash sometimes by using a sulfate poo and then DCing with protein. You really have to listen to your hair.
2. I use a cheapie condish (usually V05 S&C or WRTC along with castor oil and amla oil). I slather it on dry hair and put on a plastic cap. I usually leave it on for 1-3 hours then wash and DC.
3. I think EVOO & Vatika are ok, but I prefer to add something creamy to the mix because it adds moisture to my hair.

PO: If this is your first prepoo, I wouldn't do it overnight. Try it for 30 minutes to an hour the first go 'round to see how your hair responds and decide whether the ingredients are a good fit for what you're trying to achieve.

yup, what she said

dont know....i'd say no but we all have different opinions....i think it would depend on what you use and if you use a shower cap etc

the reason for pre-pooing is to reduce the harsh effects of sulphate shampoos......so to do this i will either

a. mix oils, part my hair and slather oil on each section hair.....shower cap....heat (15-30mins)....or no heat (30-60mins to overnight)

b. add conditioner to oils follow steps in (a)

it really doesnt bother me what i add just as long as there is a protecive layer of something

i try to use my unwanted oils to get rid of them......cheap con etc.....

imo i think your hair will be fine....in fact it will love it

Hiya!

#1. Will Prepooing overnight cause moisture overload? I have extremely dry hair so I've never had any problems with it. I used to prepoo with Ojon restorative treatment. Now I do protein pre-poos overnight.

#2. HOW DO YOU PREPOO?! I could never invison it. If it's on wash day I just wet my hair, apply the conditioner to the hair and let it sit for at least 20minutes then rinse and shampoo and deep condition. If it's an overnight pre-poo, I spray my hair with water and put the conditioner on my hair, make a bun, put a shower cap on and a silk scarf on top of that.

EVOO is really good. I've never use d Dabur Vatika Oil, my sister uses it and she likes it.

That was my sophomore contribution;)

Hey Ladies,

I really need your help, I'm gonna do my first prepoo and I think it is going to be overnight, I just have a few questions...

TIA..HELP MEEEEEEEEE!

#1. Will Prepooing overnight cause moisture overload? It has not in my case. But I prepoo in cycles: Moisture, protiens, oil, moisture

#2. HOW DO YOU PREPOO?! Slap it on, go to bed.

#3. I'm going to use EVOO & Dabur Vatika Oil...Are these Ok? Yes.

Prepooing has changed my hair SIGNIFICANTLY.

1. Will Prepooing overnight cause moisture overload?

It did in my case. I used to do it with great results but eventually, my hair began to break a lot. Now that I've reduced it to one hour, that extra breakage has ceased. (I have fine hair, by the way. Those with thicker hair may be able to do it with no problems.)

2. How do you prepoo?

I apply my Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment to my hair in sections. Then I pin it up and put a plastic bag on my head for one hour.

3. I'm going to use EVOO and Dabur Vatika Oil...are these okay?

Many people praise EVOO, but I've sworn it off in any mixtures that I make. Every time I add it to a mixture (even in very small quantities--like half of a teaspoon--)it creates a really oily effect and weighs my hair down. However, olive oil is the second ingredient in the Burt's Bees treatment. Go figure:rolleyes:. I've never used Dabur Vatika Oil.

i prepoo overnight with sweet almond oil and don't have problems with moisture overload. my hair is superdry.

i prepoo by dividing my hair in sections and using the sweet almond oil on each section. i put my hair in a bun and put a scarf on it and go to sleep.

hope this helps. good luck:)

I use a cheapie conditioner like v05 or suave and put it on my dry hair, with coconut oil over it. I wrap it up and wash in the a.m. no problems here. Just soft hair :)

Sometimes I use only coconut oil.

Back