Help please- How do you buy/know quality hair?

MrJohnsonsRib

Hey ladies. I want to try a sewin. I am planning to get a false part done since I am not relaxed and blending this 4 type with anything straight weave would be a challenge. So for a bob. Not a sleek bob, but a bob with volume and body, what kind of hair do you recommend? I only played by one rule for hair called "Is it cheap?" :lachen: I didn't grow up with money and I am not the "hair over bills and food" type, but I have a bit more money and I probably could be okay with $60 per pack, versus $20 per pack...but if something is more expensive I may consider it if it has a neat benefit like re-usability or shine. All recommendations and hair buying tips are welcome. I just get tired of leaving my hair unprotected and my hair styling skills are that of a person who was always broke and making improvisions. You know, the cute styles that are being held together by a million bobbi pins or rubbers bands and half a gallon of gel,lol! THAT BROWN CRUSTY GEL!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:It would always get goopy when I got caught in the rain- ewww!! Thanks ladies.

IMO $60 per pack is the price for private vendor hair. I don't use BSS hair anymore. I buy direct from china to get cheaper prices and better quality hair. Most BSS hair that is reusable doesnt look as well and costs too much. I would check out bhm in the weave (newbies) section. HTH

FearlessNik said:
IMO $60 per pack is the price for private vendor hair. I don't use BSS hair anymore. I buy direct from china to get cheaper prices and better quality hair. Most BSS hair that is reusable doesnt look as well and costs too much. I would check out bhm in the weave (newbies) section. HTH

Can you post a link to where you purchase? TIA

Try to get recommendations from people. Ask questions like, does it shed? How many uses can I get out of it, how well does it style, does it hold a curl?

I know you wanted to try a weave but have you considered trying a wig? In some instances, depending on the quality of the wig, with proper care they can last as long or longer than a weave. If money is the issue, a wig may be a cheaper option. With the weave, you might need 2 to 3 packs depending on the length (weave can cost from $20 to $100+ a pack) keep in mind that that doesn't include the install, which on the low end can cost $50 up to $150. With the wig option, you just need to consider style and cost.

This is a video on a girl that has completely natural hair and she decided to try a half wig which did blend really well with her hair.

http://www.blackhairwigs.net/products/It_s_a_Wig_Woopy-396-0.html

Back