Help! Nighttime care for Teri's curly primer method

TrulyBlessed

So I tried this method Saturday & loved it especially on the 1st day. For the past 2 nights I've been putting my hair in 4 buns for maintenance and spraying with water and conditioning spray in the AM. I have too much shrinkage to put it into 1 big bun. Problem is due to shrinkage I have to reshape my hair when I spray it which leads to frizz and odd looking hair. I hear the curly primer method makes your hairstyle look better as the days go by not worse lol. Any suggested nightly and morning regimens for those who use this method? I have bsl 4a tightly coiled hair with mega mega shrinkage (think short curly fro). Thanks ladies!

Your refresher method may involve some trial and error. I haven't perfected a preservation method yet either, but I do know that for my hair SPRAYING it with anything, then touching it would cause major frizz. How about rearranging it dry, smoothing a bit of diluted condiitoner or gel over it, then smoothing on a bit of butter/oil. I might re-wet separate curls if they need it.

Great, thanks for the suggestions! I think I have a better idea of how to modify things. If I use a gel or cream based conditioner, am I to work/smooth the product throughout the hair and should I be somewhat heavy handed with product to help thoroughly refresh the style? So far I've been lightly grazing conditioner spray and water over my hair, then shaping which appears to be a no no.

i would braid or twist my hair at night instead of buns if it was me. Just 4 braids/twists.

This is what I do too .. two small twist in front for my "bangs" and two braids in the back cover with a cap ... in the morning I mist my hair with water .. just till a little damp .. if there are any frizzies .. I smooth with a bit of lite conditioner .. like vo5 or suave... and let dry ... then later fluff till i get the look that I want .. You can't manipulate(sp?) your hair while it's wet or damp or you will get the frizzes .. this style only lasts a 4 days for me ..and then i wash and go for a few days .. until I do Terri's method again .
shrinkage to me is part of the deal if you a natural ..
I also add a gel over the conditioner .. I like to do that for a longer smoother hold.. I use elasta QP "feels like silk"

I would style dry then spray. You may want to try a different moisturizer, maybe cream/ lotion based.
Also I would sleep with a satin bonnet on. I don't pin my hair up. Now I will warn that I do get a bit of smush in the morning but I fluff and then apply a moisturizer.

Back