HELP! New to Site, Just Took Braids Out...

AtlantaJJ

Hi there,

I'm so excited to find this site. I took my braids out last night, washed conditioned and pressed and curled my hair. Wooo that was a lot of work!! I am so torn and confused... I was supposed to go back and get my hair rebraided, but after doing some reading on this site, I want to let my hair out!!! Let it breathe!

One HUGE problem though.... I am a workout nut and I sweat buckets of water. My hair has a really tight curl like it looks so short when washed and then when I press its below my chin now.

I don't want to get a relaxer!! I see there are some good pressing products on the market, on by Mizani that I want to try... Thermasmooth. But this won't help me after I go to the gym and get my sweat on..... I bought one of those fake ponytails and I figure I can slick my hair back and pop that on when in a pinch. If this becomes too painful, I might get a cornrow style vs micros because I think that will be less damaginging and willl allow me to get some length.

I know my hair need a lot of conditioning and TLC. I know my cuticle must be non existant with all the braiding.

HELP, any advice would GREATLY appreciated!!!

I'm glad I have somewhere to come to get great advice!!

Janet

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Although there are some good pressing products available, I don't know of any that will keep your press and curl from reverting during workouts. I think it's worth a shot to try the phony pony on slicked back hair because you can tie it down for working out. Be sure to rinse the sweat from your hair as often as practical. Your slicked back pony style should make this a viable option. I agree with you about the microbraids, so if you do go back to braids, stay away from them.

3.gif

Do you blow it dry after every work out? What about airdrying? Watch out getting braids put in so soon after getting them take out. Slap some conditioner on it and let it dry-search the board for airdry tips. I was able to airdry and get my hair 90% straight. WORK IT OUT GIRL!

Back