HELP NEW GROWTH DRAMA 5th Week Post

DaDragonPrincess

:wallbash: Yall my hair is a mess,lol. It may not look when I wear ponys or just wear it back, but when you look at the roots:lachen: lol. Its begging to be a pest for me to wrap it, so i'm open to advice on some protective styles while I stretch my relaxer.

I will be in a local fashion show coming up on the 27th this month, and i'm not letting them hair stylest touch my hair. I'm gone to get my stylest which is a guy to do a sew in with this type of hai, since im stretching:

http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/LargerImage.php?id=1409

or

its $89.99 a pack.

See my new growth will blend right in, and that hair is thick and beautyful, I had that as a sew in before, it gets big too, all 100 %human hair. But I need help for protective styles up until the 27th. Thanks LHCF.

Heres couple pics of the new growth drama,lol

I'm in 5th week post.

newgrowthwb0.jpg

newgrowth2ai9.jpg

hi,
You have awesome growth for only 5 weeks.
I have relaxed 4a/b hair and I am about 14 weeks post. what I do to tame it is the following:

1-pre poo with a mix of oils (and/or deep conditionner)
a couple of days ago I used castoir oil, coconut oil, a little bit of the sitrinillah deep conditionner (hairveda).
When i'll run out of the sitrinillah, i'll use castor, olive, coconut. cover everything in a saran wrap for an hour or more.

2- rinse with warm water.
3- co-wash with 'Tresemmé moisturising conditionner' and I put some Aphogee 2 min reconstructor on my ends. I let it marinate a few minutes.

4- with the strength of the water helping me, I gently detangle my hair using a wide tooth comb.

5- Neutrogena Triple moisture leave in ( more on ends).

6- airdry like that or in a ponytail.

7- when 60% dry, spray with mix of :water, aloe vera, castor oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, glycerin.

8- gently comb in style I would keep until next co-wash.

9- LEAVE MY HAIR ALONE

When I was 4 to 6 weeks post, I'd do a french braid and cover it with a half wig. Now I baggy my ends under a phony pony. i'll come back and post pics.

Hope it helps.

hi,
You have awesome growth for only 5 weeks.
I have relaxed 4a/b hair and I am about 14 weeks post. what I do to tame it is the following:

1-pre poo with a mix of oils (and/or deep conditionner)
a couple of days ago I used castoir oil, coconut oil, a little bit of the sitrinillah deep conditionner (hairveda).
When i'll run out of the sitrinillah, i'll use castor, olive, coconut. cover everything in a saran wrap for an hour or more.

2- rinse with warm water.
3- co-wash with 'Tresemmé moisturising conditionner' and I put some Aphogee 2 min reconstructor on my ends. I let it marinate a few minutes.

4- with the strength of the water helping me, I gently detangle my hair using a wide tooth comb.

5- Neutrogena Triple moisture leave in ( more on ends).

6- airdry like that or in a ponytail.

7- when 60% dry, spray with mix of :water, aloe vera, castor oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, glycerin.

8- gently comb in style I would keep until next co-wash.

9- LEAVE MY HAIR ALONE

When I was 4 to 6 weeks post, I'd do a french braid and cover it with a half wig. Now I baggy my ends under a phony pony. i'll come back and post pics.

Hope it helps.

Thank you sweetie,this is very helpful. WOW your almost in 14th week post? :drunk: thats amazing,keep stretching.

the first picture is with the half wig when I was not so deep into my relaxer stretch. I had a flat french braid under. (oh... and the flash makes it much more shiny than in real life.)
the second pic is to how how my edges are flat (thank youuuuuuu scarf methoooood!!!)

the second and last pics are how I wear it now. but my boyfriend is coming over so i'll just reposition my baggy a bit higher, put back my phony pony but let it hang instead of wrap it up and stick a cute flower on top. voilà.

Hope it helps.

btw.... ur hair is soooooooo niiiiiice

Attachments

• hw.jpg
    hw.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 26
  • P1030789.jpg
    P1030789.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 22
  • P1030790.jpg
    P1030790.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
the first picture is with the half wig when I was not so deep into my relaxer stretch. I had a flat french braid under. (oh... and the flash makes it much more shiny than in real life.)
the second pic is to how how my edges are flat (thank youuuuuuu scarf methoooood!!!)

the second and last pics are how I wear it now. but my boyfriend is coming over so i'll just reposition my baggy a bit higher, put back my phony pony but let it hang instead of wrap it up and stick a cute flower on top. voilà.

Hope it helps.

btw.... ur hair is soooooooo niiiiiice

I love that half wig you have on,thats so cute, your hair is pretty,what length are you? I'm gone to buy a few half wigs, I don't have any right now, I want me one of those Lacefronts, but girl I'm gone to have to save up for one of them,lol. :lachen: . Yes them silk scarfs will lay your edges down, add a little moisture and tie your hair up. I love your ponys too.:drunk:

I'm past shoulder length. I have only one picture showing this and that was at 1 day post relaxer, the only time I let my hair out. That reminds me, maybe I should look for that pic and update my fotki.... hum....

I'm about 5 months in and I'm not having any NG issues b/c I deep condition it into submission LOL and I wear braid outs, half wigs, phony ponies, buns, and now my synthetic Lace front. I have pix in the album in my profile.

I'm past shoulder length. I have only one picture showing this and that was at 1 day post relaxer, the only time I let my hair out. That reminds me, maybe I should look for that pic and update my fotki.... hum....

Yeah girl I would love to see and check out your fotki. Anyway i'm off to bed for now, night night,lol. :drunk:

Im going to be honest with you. 5 weeks of NG is nothing is cause drama. Make sure you deep condition and a good roller set should take care of the NG. Our natural hair should not be considered difficult.

Do not let your natural hair stress you out when it's not your enemy. Its your hair and learn to manage it. Im 22 weeks post relaxer and yes it may be hard to manage two textures but I try to make the best of it. In my case In loving my NG is the relaxed hair that is annoying me.

Some of the ladies have given you some good suggestions.

Im going to be honest with you. 5 weeks of NG is nothing is cause drama. Make sure you deep condition and a good roller set should take care of the NG. Our natural hair should not be considered difficult.

Do not let your natural hair stress you out when it's not your enemy. Its your hair and learn to manage it. Im 22 weeks post relaxer and yes it may be hard to manage two textures but I try to make the best of it. In my case In loving my NG is the relaxed hair that is annoying me.

Some of the ladies have given you some good suggestions.

Thanks for the advice sweetie, I got my hair in a bun today. :grin: I can't wait for this weekend to deep condition, saturday is my wash day, I'm gone to stretch it out much as possible, wish me luck. :yep:

I had the same hair installed last week. I'm 4 months post so I wanted something a little kinky too. Uhhhm this Brazilian wave takes as much effort to manage as my real hair, don't think i'll use it again. I'm kinda self conscious with big fake hair.

I had the same hair installed last week. I'm 4 months post so I wanted something a little kinky too. Uhhhm this Brazilian wave takes as much effort to manage as my real hair, don't think i'll use it again. I'm kinda self conscious with big fake hair.

LOL yeah that hair do begins to get a little much to manage. I probly will leave it in as I continue to stretch my relaxer and as protective style. I got to search this board for a topic on shampooing and DC with extensions in,lol.

Back