Help Needed. Haircolor Won't Take

myco

Hi Ladies,

My mother wants to dye her black hair a lighter shade or at least get highlights. The problem is that the dyes have absolutely no affect on her hair. This past weekend she used Dark and Lovely's Sun Kissed Brown. She mixed and left it on for longer than the directed time and her hair is still as black today as it was before she started. It's always been that way. I remember when I was a little girl watching her do the strand test and the hair never changing color.

Does she need a stronger developer? Is there a brand that she should try that won't take out her relaxed hair?

She would need some kind of lightener in order to get to a lighter shade, since color does not lift color.

hmmm. . .
That's what I thought this product was since it's permanent and the second ingredient is hydrogen peroxide.

Do you happen to know the volume of developer it is, such as 10%, 20%? If it is a 10%, it won't lift color, it will only deposit it and brown will never show over black. If it contains a 20% or higher (I doubt it) developer, it will give some lift and deposit.

Back