Help needed for very thin hair!!

angelica2u

Hi guys,
I finally got a picture of how my hair looks presently and i've posted it on picturetrail so that you guys could see exactly how it is and help me out. when u check it out, you will notice how thin it is. My hair type is 4A/B and i would appreciate any help and suggestions given me on how to make it fuller, healthier, longer and so on.

Please check it out and help me out. I need help.

It is at http://www.picturetrail.com/ and the member name is angelica2u. (dont mind the date on the pic. i forgot to set it on the camera)

Thanks.
Rose.gif

Your hair doesn't look fatally thin to me Angelica....

It looks like it might be a tad thinner towards the ends (not by much) and/or you have some layering to contend with which makes below shoulder length hair look a little thinner if it's not already quite thick.

I took pantothenic acid (and stilldo) 1000mgs 2x a day for three months and that problem began to disappear. I like the Twinlab brand. Most brands are fine and will do the trick. It thicken the hair from the root over time giving the whole head an overall fuller look. Overtime it will cause the entire strand to grow thicker from the root as you cut away the thinner ends.
smile.gif

Hey angelica2u, I feel your pain! I just stared a thread about how the left side of my hair doesn't grow as fast as the rest and I'm ready to cut it. I agree with Tracy, your hair doesn't look fatally thin, but it is noticeable towards the ends.

I would get an even cut and start from there. Are the ends split or just breakage? How often do you get your ends trimmed?

If you would like to see immediate results, here are a few illusions:

nexxus headress leave in used before a roller set will make you hair appear very thick.
braid/ twist outs are a good style

using an alcohol free mousse before a roller set will also help

you can do these while you start taking the B-5 vits, and before you know your strands will increase in diameter.

Oh and BTW, dont obsess over your hair, its hard.. i know. My hair has made so much more progress in the past few months (i've been busy with other things) now that i haven't really had time to focus on it.

If the ends are thin, you should try wearing a protective style, like a bun, for a few months. You'll see a difference then.

Have you tried using Sulfur8? It supposedly works well, but I don't know if you'll be able to put up with the smell.

Thanks alot for your suggestions guys. Sorry i didnt reply earlier. I was having some problems. I'm gonna try what you guys have said so any more suggestions are welcome. I trim quite often. but i'm also wondering if it could be the relaxer i use because my hair wasn't this thin before. It was natural, then i started using motions and then my hair stylist just changed to arosci claiming that it was better than motions (thats where the thinning actually started). This all happened within about a year. Does anyone have any sort of opinion on this too? I'm quite scared.

Thanks again for all your opinions.

I've def. noticed drastic differences inthe fullness of my hair and the diameter of the strand depending on the relaxer I use.

For instance, Motions Regular, Affirm and Revlon all thinned my strands out. I use Motions Oil in Mild now and have used Creme of Nature and noticed an almost immediate difference in my hair's thickness. If you think it's the relaxer, switch back to what you know works! Good Luck!
smile.gif

thanks tracy. I understand what u're saying. DO u have any suggestions for sensitive hair? And is it ok/ advisable to just switch relaxers? Any opinions by anyone are welcome.

Thanks

Definitley use nexxus headress, it works wonders, also get some B5 and if your wrapping your hair and especially using a brush to wrap then your ends will be thin.

I like Wild Growth oil on my scalp. It has helped with the thickness of my hair. Using cocunut oil on my ends before rollere setting has helped also.
smile.gif

I really studied your picture, and it doesn't look that thin. I was expecting something horrible, but your hair is layered but not straggly or thin.

I feel your pain girl, I just recently cut my hair into a nice little bob and i must say, It looks very very full and healthy. My hair was about ur length and a bit thicker and I didnt want to cut it but that is pretty much the only real way to make ur hair ends grow back thicker. I will keep it this length for maybe a few months and then I will let it grow back long and healthy.

Thanks guys. I just went back to that pic and it looks fuller. I'll try posting another soon. Prob. in a ponytail. Also, i'm gonna try the stuff you guys recommended. Thanks again and any more suggestions or advice are really welcome.

Byeeee.
PS. Are the infusium shampoo and conditioner good? Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Back