Help! Need hairstyle ideas for being a bridesmaid

lalabanks

I'm going to be in a wedding this weekend and I need to figure out what to do with my hair. Currently its about to my neck. The bride wants everyone to do the french roll thing, but I just informed her that I cut most of my hair off so I can't do that. So I thinking of something back from my face. Right now I usually wear a curly look. I wash it and let it air dry, but that is usually towards my face. I could flat iron it but I dont' know if I should curl it after I flat iron it. The bride said there would be someone there doing the hair, but I don't want a stranger playing in my hair.

Any ideas??

can you maybe flat-twist the front, sides and back but leave enough out to make a curly puff/updo?... the twists could be secured with hair pins so that you could basically stop it at any point and have a cute curly puff... i'm thinking that could be cute for a wedding...

Thanks SqrpioQutie,
I'll have to try that. I've never really done my own flat twists...but maybe i'll try it and if I trust the lady is may do the bridal hair, she might can do it.

Thanks for the idea again :)

Hi,
I had a similar problem last year when I was in a wedding and they said there would be a stylist who does their hair regularly. Well, none of them had much hair that wasn't store bought, so I was terrified to let that guy meddle in my head :lol:
I came up with some excuse then did a cute up do using a circular comb. I don't have a picture of it, but u can buy three of them per package at walmart for about $2.50. When opened it looks like a 10-12" long hair comb and closes in a circle end to end. Right now they have them in clear, light blue, and brown in the package. Once in you can barely see them in place and you can add flowwers or ribbon.

I love those combs because u can do your hair in no time flat! And it looks really nice like something for the evening. Just brush your hair up as if you were going to do a pony tail at the top of your head. Don't worry if your hair isn't long enough to reach because you will place the comb around the entire crown of your head. What remains in the middle is all the hair that's pulled back and the hair from yur crown. You can leave as is or style with a little mousse and steam rollers. Then add a few tendrils around your ears and a few in the back and head out! You'll look like a princess and all without damaging you hair.

I also do this style by first steam roller setting my hair (with Vidal, or Caruso curlsers) before putting it up. Then remove the rollers and put it up. This smooths the entire length of the hair shaft and gives an even more polished look because more than just the ends are curled. The mousse will give yu long lasting curls. If you prefer natural curls then you can do the twists after putting it up, or just let it air dry with a little moisturizer.

Cinnabuns said:
Great suggestion, I think that this stye is so cute. :)

that style is really cute. i've been wanting to do that with my hair. you can buy a phony bun from a BSS and put a flower near the bun. that would be cute.

ravensunshine, I've seen those combs in the store, but never gave them a second thought. After reading your post, I plan to purchase one tomorrow. Thanks!

Back