Help my relaxed hair has no body to it!

spencd

Hello,

My hair has grown a lot I think I can claim APL soon. Anyway my hair is not showing body at all. It looks limp to me. I had to start going back to the beauty parlour in Nov. because I am having problems with my water I believe. Normally when I did wash n sets on my hair because I wasn't perfect my hair would look nice and full when I finish which I love (a little volume). I do not allow them to blow my hair after because it would look too straight and flat.:nono:

I am going to the beauty parlour today to get a trim. I know people get layers to combat this problem. I do not want layers anymore.

Are there any suggestions on what I should do?

Do you ever do your own roller sets? Maybe doing using a clarifying shampoo/conditioning and then roller setting may help - I use either Lacio Lacio or Lottabody when I rollerset -

Are the rollerset from your salon not giving you body anymore - it may also be due to too much product being used when rollersetting -

You should really consider going the texlaxed route. Its the best and healthiest thing I have done since I have been relaxed. If you're scared to go that route just add oil to you relaxer base (I add oil to everything) which would slow down the chemicals, and make sure you protect your previous relaxed ends

Do you ever do your own roller sets? Maybe doing using a clarifying shampoo/conditioning and then roller setting may help - I use either Lacio Lacio or Lottabody when I rollerset -

Are the rollerset from your salon not giving you body anymore - it may also be due to too much product being used when rollersetting -
I was going to say that, too. Less is better.

Basically, what everyone else said....

Rollersets and minimal product. Upping the protein in your regimen

Try using large pincurls instead of wraps or ponytails to maintain the body in your hair.

I use Nexxus, then placenta de oveja by the same makers of lacio lacio (i will try lacio when this bottle is finished). After I let them put in castor oil grease which is very light from Hollywood. I tell them to put only in scalp. Then they put on some serum followed by olive oil spray. My hair is then wrapped. I notice when they wrap it, it comes out flat versus when I do it. I may just wrap myself. I don't put a lot of product in my hair, at least I don't think. Have anyone who uses Humectress believe their hair is weighed down?

Can someone explain what exactly is texlaxed? BTW it looks like she cut more than I wanted. I also said I did not want layers but wanted a good trim meaning every hair is trimmed. It's wrapped now will take down later and see just how much.

I use Nexxus, then placenta de oveja by the same makers of lacio lacio (i will try lacio when this bottle is finished). After I let them put in castor oil grease which is very light from Hollywood. I tell them to put only in scalp. Then they put on some serum followed by olive oil spray. My hair is then wrapped. I notice when they wrap it, it comes out flat versus when I do it. I may just wrap myself. I don't put a lot of product in my hair, at least I don't think. Have anyone who uses Humectress believe their hair is weighed down?

Can someone explain what exactly is texlaxed? BTW it looks like she cut more than I wanted. I also said I did not want layers but wanted a good trim meaning every hair is trimmed. It's wrapped now will take down later and see just how much.

- I use Humectress and it doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

- Texlaxed is a deliberately underprocessed relaxer. The goal is to loosen your natural curl pattern, but to retain some of the pattern so your hair is not bone straight.

When I want bouncier hair I rollerset and then only flatiron the roots, not the ends. It helps to keep the curls and hence add body.

Or you can do what someone else said, pin curling your hair. I hate flat straight hair on myself too.

Back