Help My Newgrowth Isn't Holding Moisture

Nanyanika

I removed a few braids from my hair and applied my detangler, which helped to a certain extent, but my newgrowth is incredibly thirsty and sucks up the moisture, i've had braids in for almost two months and i didn't do much deep conditioning could this be the reason? Can anyone suggest a creamy moisturiser product that will keep newgrowth soft and continuosly moisturised throughout the day without having to constantly reapply because mine isn't holding in moisture very well, when i add creamy ones like Elasta QP mango butter. Also everytime i comb my newgrowth my scalp feels very sore...its so intense that i get very angry and want to cry, my naps are very tight and bwoy i don't think i can't handle it anymore. I would appreciate your suggestions.

wow - i have the same problem!

I use profectiv Root Health and just massage it on the new growth and some on the the length of the braid.

That seems to work, but I have to do it every 3 days or so. WGO is good too, but sometimes I don't like the oily braids - IT seems to run down the braid over time.

HoneyDew said:
wow - i have the same problem!

I use profectiv Root Health and just massage it on the new growth and some on the the length of the braid.

That seems to work, but I have to do it every 3 days or so. WGO is good too, but sometimes I don't like the oily braids - IT seems to run down the braid over time.
Thanks i used some Profectic Roothealth on my newgrowth when i removed the braids, my hair seems to stay moisturised in braids with just using my homemade spray, but as soon as i remove the braids and wash my newgrowth, i find that it air-dries quite dry and moisture doesn't hold much, this is the issue i'm dealing with.

If had the same problem. I put some profectiv oil the clear kind, on my scalp, and slept in a plastic cap. When i woke up my new growth was soft like it used to be. I would imagine that this would work with any tip of oil.

Thanks for the tip. I have the same problem as Den with this dry new growth. I have never used that oil. I think it has the picture of the lady with dreads/twists or something like that? It smells good if I remember correctly. Will check it out!

Thank-you so much for reminding me about the plastic cap method, i'm gonna do this tonight before i go to my bed, i'll probably add some product first.

Back