Help! My Hair.

My Friend

Tried a new brand of Henna and now my hair feels stripped and matted. I have been deep conditioning for the last 3 days and it still feels as though my strands are different.

I've lost a lot of hair try to detangle after numerous contioner and shampoo washes. I shampooed because i could feel and see grains of henna in my hair. The grains caused me so much irritation that it woke me up out of my sleep at 3am to wash my hair.

Any advice?TIA

What products have you been using as deep conditioners? Don't use anything with protein. I had this happen to me the 3rd time I used cassia (neutral henna). I was on vacation and used every ounce of conditioner I had packed, plus the hotel conditioner. It was horrible how matted and stiff my hair was. Oddly enough, I overnight baggied with shea body butter that I bought and The Body Shop and my hair was good as new afterward.

I haven't used a any labeled as a deep conditioner, I've just used my normal conditioners and left them overnight. I've used Tresseme Naturals and LHR

LaidBak

don't use a comb anymore to detangle. you are going to have to use those fingers. you can try an oil treatment. apply the oil to your hair (coat the hair with jojoba, avocado, etc...) mist your hair with some distilled water. put a plastic cap and scarf on. let the sit for several hours or overnight. next, get a moisturizing conditioner. Silk Elements Mega Silk Moisture (tan jar) and deep conditioner for 30mins or longer. rinse and finger detangle. twist or braid each section, let your hair air dry and leave it alone. rock some cute scarfs or a wig. moisturize your hair with a moisturizing spritz or curl activator.

stay away from products that have protein high on the list or avoid them all together. henna isn't protein, but it acts like a protein. you need moisture right now.

What products have you been using as deep conditioners? Don't use anything with protein. I had this happen to me the 3rd time I used cassia (neutral henna). I was on vacation and used every ounce of conditioner I had packed, plus the hotel conditioner. It was horrible how matted and stiff my hair was. Oddly enough, I overnight baggied with shea body butter that I bought and The Body Shop and my hair was good as new afterward.

THis is key!!! I've been henna'ing monthly for the past 4 years. The best remedy to the dryness of henna is an overnight baggy. I usually use some S-Curl mixed with Jojoba oil. But use whatever you prefer....but baggying is THE ANSWER!!!! The next morning, you'll be amazed at how moist your hair is....but strong too!

Sorry you are having trouble My Friend! Oh no!

If you can, please go out and buy something labeled as moisturizing DC. I had good luck with the SM deep treatment when I was protein overloaded, which you can get from walgreens or target.

avoid using anything with protein (the sm is free of that). Henna acts like a protein so any proteins you add on top will only make it worse. I'm thinking the tresemme probbably has something like wheat germ or the like...

Try the dc with heat too for deeper penetration.

An oil rinse might help with the detangling too.

don't use a comb anymore to detangle. you are going to have to use those fingers. you can try an oil treatment. apply the oil to your hair (coat the hair with jojoba, avocado, etc...) mist your hair with some distilled water. put a plastic cap and scarf on. let the sit for several hours or overnight. next, get a moisturizing conditioner. Silk Elements Mega Silk Moisture (tan jar) and deep conditioner for 30mins or longer. rinse and finger detangle. twist or braid each section, let your hair air dry and leave it alone. rock some cute scarfs or a wig. moisturize your hair with a moisturizing spritz or curl activator.

stay away from products that have protein high on the list or avoid them all together. henna isn't protein, but it acts like a protein. you need moisture right now.

Yes and Yes!!!!

Back