Help my hair!!

Sundiva

Hey guys! So I need some advice. Within the past 2 months I got my hair pressed for the first time since I've been natural. Long story short, few sections of my hair are still pressed from 2 months ago!!! Is there anything I can do to get the curl pattern back? Please give me advice:nono:

If it's not reverting, then it's been heat damaged and sad to say, it probably won't revert. But, you could try a protein treatment and see if that helps revert it some.

That is heat damage. Also you just need to have that pressing comb or flat iron on a high enough setting just ONE TIME and it will create damage immediately.

If you ever decide to press again, be sure to coat your hair with some type of heat guard and do a deep conditioning before hand.

Sorry. It will grow and you can continue to trim or dust it until the damage is all gone.

That is heat damage. Also you just need to have that pressing comb or flat iron on a high enough setting just ONE TIME and it will create damage immediately.

If you ever decide to press again, be sure to coat your hair with some type of heat guard and do a deep conditioning before hand.

Sorry. It will grow and you can continue to trim or dust it until the damage is all gone.

:crying3: That's sad!!! Well Thanks!

Damn, I noticed that too. My sweet little curly section is straight as 1a. Not a good look. I had my twa trimmed and its still straight. It will just have to stay. I love straight hair, but all over.

India

:bdance:

Damn, I noticed that too. My sweet little curly section is straight as 1a. Not a good look. I had my twa trimmed and its still straight. It will just have to stay. I love straight hair, but all over.

India

:bdance:
Agreed!!! Gonna try the apple vinegar again, see if a few treatments with it will help any!:wallbash:

Oh WOW! I was planning on pressing my baby's hair for Christmas this year. Seems like I need to do more research before I attempt to do this.

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. Unfortunately, I've never pressed my hair nor have I experienced this. My only thoughts are that you are going to have to wait for it to grow out. Sorry, I don't know of any other alternatives.

I've heard that beer can revert hair. There should be a thread around here somewhere, but here's a link to a video by PrettyDimples01 on youtube talking about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnl57aBg-8c I've done a beer rinse myself and it did wonders for my curl definition. My hair was so soft and fluffy afterwards. I have a couple of pics in my fotki. I think in the June folder.

Last edited:
Back