Help......My hair won't budge!!!!

auntybe

Help......My hair won\'t budge!!!!

My hair won't grow...or at least it is asleep. I am using surge and S-curl my loves these but nothing. I think I am going to put in a weave this weekend to give my hair a vacation from my hands.....any other suggestions?

Re: Help......My hair won\'t budge!!!!

the hair goes through 3 stages
growing phase last between 2-6 years
catagen the transtional phase last beteween 1 -2 weeks
telogen resting 2 -6 months
what you asre going through is normal and over before you know it
smile.gif

How about some cornrows? You can give your hair some rest and keep it moisturized like that too.

My hair is "napping" as well. It grew like a weed in the summer so I figured it was resting now since winter began. Im almost 7 weeks post relaxer and I barely have any newgrowth.

NAY-I thought about cornrows but they didn't go over so well on the job and I have to get them redone every 8 to 10 days to look fresh. That's why I thought about the weave again. Anyway, I will go home and look for a ouc of a corporate looking style. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Are you sure that your ends aren't breaking off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, but make sure that your ends aren't in need of a trim. I've noticed that I gain the most length when I trim my hair every 6 - 8 weeks.

How long have you been at it? (trying to grow your hair) Can you describe your regimen in detail? Let's see if we can figure something out. Also, what was your regimen prior to you coming to the boards/prior to when you decided to go for long, healthy hair? Are you relaxed or natural?

I got a weave on Saturday. I realized that I have had my hands in my hair way too much. I take better care of it when it is weaved. I love it. I figured I had to go back to what I knew. Weaves have been working for me in the winter so anyway...I will keep every one posted on my progress

Auntybe, it sounds like you've already identified the sources of the prob:
1. lack of a vitamin regimen (even just a multi and biotin would help ensure that your hair is growing at a decent rate)
2. lack of protective styling

The weave takes care of #2, so why don't you try a really simple vitamin regimen and then see if those two things together yield better results
smile.gif

Miss Brown....Thanks for the spanking!!! I have vitamins but I stopped taking because I have to take a lot of medication. both you and my Dr.have gotten on me....Okay I take them!!!!!

laugh.gif

Girl I was not trying to beat up on you, but I really hope the advice helps you out. Please report back with your progress. Good luck
up.gif

Back