HELP!!!!.......My hair won't budge!!!!!HELP!!!!!

auntybe

Okay, I need a some help my hair is back where it was before I got a big trim last summer, 1 inch below the base of my neck in back. My goal was to be bra strap by 2006-2007. I have taken a year to get 1 1/2 in. of growth. I had some set backs due to medication and health issues, but my docotors have cut back my medications.

Here's what I've been doing. I conditioner was everday. I take water aerobics 3 times a week (swim caps make me sweat). Once a week I clarifiy with elucence shampoo ( the green one). I also use elucence conditioner as a leave in. I oil my scalp with sulfer 8 once a week ( I used to use everday until my co worker complained about the smell). I use S-Curl activator or wave gel to make a bun. I can't afford braids or a weave- I 've also discovered that I like my own hair.

I thought about using the eleucence deep conditoner once a week or bone marrow and my using Infusium23 as my leave in.

What can I do?

Thanks

auntybe said:
Okay, I need a some help my hair is back where it was before I got a big trim last summer, 1 inch below the base of my neck in back. My goal was to be bra strap by 2006-2007. I have taken a year to get 1 1/2 in. of growth. I had some set backs due to medication and health issues, but my docotors have cut back my medications.

Here's what I've been doing. I conditioner was everday. I take water aerobics 3 times a week (swim caps make me sweat). Once a week I clarifiy with elucence shampoo ( the green one). I also use elucence conditioner as a leave in. I oil my scalp with sulfer 8 once a week ( I used to use everday until my co worker complained about the smell). I use S-Curl activator or wave gel to make a bun. I can't afford braids or a weave- I 've also discovered that I like my own hair.

I thought about using the eleucence deep conditoner once a week or bone marrow and my using Infusium23 as my leave in.

What can I do?

Thanks

The baggie bun gives the best results IMO, have you tried that?

Sure I can. You soak your hair in something really moisturising like s-curl then you seal the ends with vaseline or mango butter. Twist it into a bun and secure with a hair band. Then get a sandwich bag and cover your hair with it. Twist the bag around your hair and secure with another hair band. You then need to cover your baggie with something like a phony pony (this is what I do) or you can get the end of an old pair of black tights and put on your head then cover with a scrunchie that looks like hair.

I hope that makes sense. There are two people on here I know of - Don'tspeakdefeat and babygurl who both have really good step-by-step explanations with photos in their albums.

HTH!

I'd suggest for you to stop getting your hair trimmed. You sound like you have a good routine to retain your length. So you will be able to see how much yuour hair is really growing. Unless you wear your hair bone-straight without curls, everyday...there is no need for perfectly even hair. I was surprised to see my hair grow ever since I stopped allowing a stylist hacking it off. I have enforced a strict policy of only MYSELF is allowed to trim my hair! I still will LIGHTLY trim like 1/4th inch after every 2 touch-ups just to even it off and make it look nice.

THEN when i reach my hair milestone (armpit)... THEN i will trim an inch or so to make it perfectly even and thick....

Thanks Hair Queen! I will try it and check out the hair albums.

Mizani Mrs. I have banned the scissors! I am on.y getting the ragged ends clipped every few months since I self relax and my scissor happy neighbor/backup stylist can no longer touch my hair.

Back