Help!! My ends are driving me crazy!!

HoneyKitt

Hey ya'll

I really need ask ya'll a question because I have tried everything and I don't know what to do. Here's the Problem:

My ends are curly and they interlock numerous times

1) I always M&S my ends (& hair) daily. I DC 1x a week.
2) I have just dusted my ends, yesterday (last dusting was march)
3) I switched up to a different leave in and Oil, to see if the previous I used is part of the problem.

4) I do the LOC method as needed and I wear a satin wrap & bonnet. (I also braid my hair up in sections AFTR Im done with the LOC method)
5) I always part my hair in sections whenever Im doing anything to my hair.
6) I drink water constantly. I don't drink soda nor drinks that contain high Fructose Corn Syrup

7) My staple products are all natural. So it shouldn't have any adverse affect, if anything my hair feels healthier.
8) I detangle gently while my hair is wet
9) Health-wise, Im fine no issues.

Your Feedback would be graciously appreciated :brainfog:

Last edited:
finger detangle during the day and avoid products that lock your hair together such as heavy waxy butters.

Have you heard of bubble hair? My bubble hair damage causes this.
Some ends are like crinkly and they get stuck together

It's a form of heat damage, look at the ends. Does one strand have varying thickness at the ends?

I only apply heat once every 3 months. My hair would have a thermal protection on it with medium heat on it. I get it pressed with Carol's Daughter. Flat iron only with ionic plates, no dryers.

I thought detangling too much can pull and tug on the hair?

Wax butter? like for instance and can you tell me how I can recognize a hair butter is one from the ingredients?

Last edited:
Not if you detangle by holding the section of hair midway down the strands with one hand, then finger detangling the ends with the other.

Not if you detangle by holding the section of hair midway down the strands with one hand, then finger detangling the ends with the other.

okay. I usually detangle my hair by soaking detangler on the lower 1/3 of the hair and working the excess in the rest of the hair and I detangle it from ends to root, carefully. But even if I do what you have mentioned, what can I do to keep it from constantly tangling.

finger detangle during the day and avoid products that lock your hair together such as heavy waxy butters.

my DD's hair is fine and i agree with your advice! anything that is heavy locks her hair and causes knots at the ends with product buildup on the ends. right now i am rewetting her hair with plain water and using a light liquid moisturizer. then seal with a light oil. plus heavy products just sit on her hair and don't keep her curls moisturized.

I only apply heat once every 3 months. My hair would have a thermal protection on it with medium heat on it. I get it pressed with Carol's Daughter. Flat iron only with ionic plates, no dryers.

I thought detangling too much can pull and tug on the hair?

Wax butter? like for instance and can you tell me how I can recognize a hair butter is one from the ingredients?

it will using say it's a hair butter or it will look like butter/waxy pomade like. liquid moisturizers/ light creamy may work better for you. anything that comes in a jar may not be your friend.

I am half texturized and half bone straight and I have really bad tangles and shedding. I don't use silicones any other time but I have found that doing a final seal with a silicone product stops the tangles and shedding until I wash again.

ETA: HoneyKitt

The tangles on your ends could be caused by shed hairs like mine. If so you may need to detangle more often to get the shed hairs out

Last edited:
A medium protein on your ends may help. It made my curls fall into a pattern and work together instead of fighting each other.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

A medium protein on your ends may help. It made my curls fall into a pattern and work together instead of fighting each other.

Thanks. Any suggestions and How often? B/c it seems like they tangle daily. (I just detangled after this initial posting.)

I am half texturized and half bone straight and I have really bad tangles and shedding. I don't use silicones any other time but I have found that doing a final seal with a silicone product stops the tangles and shedding until I wash again.

ETA: @HoneyKitt

The tangles on your ends could be caused by shed hairs like mine. If so you may need to detangle more often to get the shed hairs out

I am scared to death about using silicones on my hair. They tear up my hair.:nono:

HoneyKitt said:
Thanks. Any suggestions and How often? B/c it seems like they tangle daily. (I just detangled after this initial posting.)

Available on the ground products are Millcreek Botanicals Keratin and Giovanni's Nutrafix. I like to the put the Millcreek and then the Giovanni's on top.

Online products are Curl Junkie Repair Me and Bask Vanilla Whiskey Restorative something.

All of these products are silicone free and natural . Some have organic ingredients.

I use the Millcreek a few times a week in the shower on my ends.

I alternate weekly between the bask an the curl junkie. Monitor your hair while it is on.

I hope this helps.

Another silicone sensitive end tangling fine strander checkin' in. My ends tend to tangle a bit and I've found that Heavy sealing and regular chelating/clarifying has help resurrect the situation.

I used the LOC method also (LCOB). I also makes sure that detangle daily.....EVERYDAY! I use the Magic star rake comb by Hercules sagemann, but since you are natural I suggest that while your sealing your hair that you lubricate your fingers with oil and finger detangle. Remove any excess sheds that may be collecting towards your ends (this is usually the reason for the tangles).

However, if you find that its not shed hairs causing the problem then it may be a porosity thing. Low Porosity hair tends to hair closed cuticles causing it to interlock together. Maybe you can try m&s'ing then baggying and heavy sealing once removing the baggy. I know a lot of LO PO women who benefit from baggying.

Keratin on ends only and baggying along with heavy sealing. Heavy sealing with what or what type of products?

Btw: I do use protein weekly on my length of hair too. I also use it on my edges, nape and ends more often.

I moisturize and seal almost every single day,

I always dc or cndtion after the protein. Even if it is just the ends. Then m/s.

I used to have this problem because my ends were too moist. Sounds weird huh. I actually stopped M&S so much and just started bagging because it made life easier. My ends wouldn't tangle, but then id have to use protein more.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Back