Help! My edges are gone.

LovelyH

Hey Ladies,

This is my first thread! YAHHH :yay: So here is my problem, I am in desperately need of advice. My hair is currently natural, I had my BC in Jan and my plan was to wear wigs until my hair grew long enough to wear out since I don't like how I look with short hair. I have gotten a decent amount of growth, however, my edges are vitually gone. I know I should stop wearing the wigs, on the other hand I don't feel comfortable with my lenght yet. I started wearing half wigs, but since the show off my edges it like:nono:. I have spent hours online reading about how to grow my edges back and so far I have come down to castor oil, MN, rogaine or rosemary oil mix. Which one do you ladies recommend?

Sorry to hear that.But Congrat's on the progress you did make.Anyhow. Pick one of those remedies and give it a try for a while (^^could be traction*i think* alopecia frm the wigs).And don't give up on things too quickly. If you recently had hair there then you* should* have a chance to grow it back in a reasonable amount of time.You want to definitely find a way to get comfortable with wearing your hair out or find another way besides wigs (anything with too much tension). There's lots of ways do some more research. You also want to make progress in getting to know your hair. Keep your moisture/protein balanced. Treat your entire head pretty much the same but take special care in strengthening/protein and moisturizing those edges as they grow back and your hair will thank you for it.

Using a growth aid while still doing what's causing the damage is counterproductive. I was in the same boat as you--wearing half wigs because I was uncomfortable with my length after my bc. Unfortunately, the only solution was to just stop wearing the wigs. Now that I'm not gelling my edges down and wearing headbands all the time they are recovering nicely.

You can also try jamaican black castor oil. I had the same issue. I didn't even realize that my edges were that bad until it was too late. I have used the mega tek and the castor oil and my edges have grown back.
I think the problem with the wigs is the friction of the wig against the hair line. I admit that I do still wear wigs sometimes, but not as much as I did before. Now I switch my styles up more often. I will make sure my hair is moisturized and then put petroleum jelly on the hair line. Some other kind of thick product could also be used.
I found this thing online that is some kind of gel wig liner that is supposed to distribute the weight of the wig evenly on your head and prevent this issue - I guess. But I have not ordered it.

You can use regular castor oil, as well. I had the problem of wearing my puff too tight my previous natural journey. I just put castor oil on my edges and it grew back. I used the castor oil you buy in the pharmacy.

I have heard of people using castor oil for their edges. I started using it too as a preventative. I don't have any proof that it works but maybe someone else does. I didn't realize that wearing wigs could weaken your edges the way braids can.

I hope you find a solution.

im using Sunny Isle Rosemary Jamaican Black Castor Oil to grow in a itty bitty bald spot along my hairline. now that itook a piic of it isee ineed to grow out the whole damn line >=( its waay too thin. my cause is too tight ponytails 24/7. im scared to try mega-tek becuz soo many reported shedding..

irecommend MN and Castor oil. its helping miine grow back pretty fast(= goodluck.

I'm using massage and JBCO for my edges and they are growing in quite well! I have no complaints.

Initially, I was using the growth oil blend using rosemary, lavendar, thyme, jojoba, and grapeseed oil, but the smell of the oils when combined made me nauseaus. If you are not senstive to odors, that may be worth a try, this blend did help me to start seeing small hairs on my temples that I did not see prior to using it.

Good luck!

Back