Help my daughter hair is shedding!!

phylisrn

Hi all,
I have been a lurker for a while and I just realized that at 43 years of age, I dont have any idea how to care for my hair or my daughters hair:look:

My daughter is 3 years old and has very course curly hair. Since she was born she has had very dry hair and I tried everything on this childs hair and it got worse and worse. SHe has had daily shedding and her hair is the same length now as it was when she was 1 years because it falls out everyday when I comb it from the dryness.Well, now I know her hair needed moisture and a sealant not more grease as I was putting more and more grease and it got drier and drier ( stupid ha).

Now I have bought the Scurl moisturizer and I seal it with Kids Organics Gro. Her hair is much better now and the breakage has slowed down but she still has some. Today I looked at the hair that she shedded and examined it and it literally broke with very little tension or pull on it. Is this a sign of needing protein? If so what would you suggest I use as a protein conditioner on her hair?
I am using a wide tooth comb.
Thanks so much you ladies are the best!!
Phyllis

Hi there and welcome!:) I know that Scurl has a tendancy to make the hair too soft and mushy sometimes, therefore causing the hair to become weak and break easily. You should try and incorporate some type of protein for your daughter's hair. HHG!!;)

Back