help my crown is jacked up

est.April1983

I've been with LHCF for almost a year and a half (new screen name) anyway when I started my crown was broken off and 16 months later my crown only retained one inch! I've been on C&G for two months stretch for 3 weeks DC little protein weekly and moisturize. I don't trim often maybe every 5 months barely comb always pin my hair up. what am I doing wrong. help I want to cry its making my hair look scragally

I would like an answer too. My crown broke off a couple of years ago and is, seriously, not growing back. Right now, I have a short layer and a really long layer that's starting to resemble a mullet :perplexed

How do you style your hair?

Are you relaxed?

What does you hair feel like in that spot? Is the texture the same as the rest of your hair?

I'm relaxed it feels the same n it grows at same rate as rest but I can't retain length. I wear sew ins for 6 weeks n break with hair out for 4 weeks and I pin it up when its out. I just started wearing sew ins in oct. this has been a problem for 16 months its 2.5 inches shorter than my nape.

How do you style your hair?

Are you relaxed?

What does you hair feel like in that spot? Is the texture the same as the rest of your hair?

Gymfreak,
Your new siggy pic is so cute!! :yep:

Future MD,
I need help in this area too. I think my problem is moisture. It seems like when i'm applying product I don't really get my crown and nape well. These areas are alot dryer than the rest of my hair. I'm trying to concentrate on making sure I mouisturize these areas well to stop the damage and breakage. Hope you get some great responses!!

Gymfreak,
Your new siggy pic is so cute!! :yep:

I agree! So pretty.

FMD, my scalp in the crown area tends to be drier than other section and the hair does not grow as fast. It is so dry that I get flakes and such. Doing oil massages in that area and keeping the hair moist, too has realy helped me. Could it be that you have a similar problem? My Dermatologist said that perhaps I don't get as much blood circulating in that area. That must be why the scalp massages have helped it so.

I've been with LHCF for almost a year and a half (new screen name) anyway when I started my crown was broken off and 16 months later my crown only retained one inch! I've been on C&G for two months stretch for 3 weeks DC little protein weekly and moisturize. I don't trim often maybe every 5 months barely comb always pin my hair up. what am I doing wrong. help I want to cry its making my hair look scragally

I found that stress assisted in my crown breakage. Some folks say there are sensitive pressure points in your scalp - my sensitive areas happen to be in my crown. Do a test when you feel anxious, mad, or sad is your scalp tender in your crown area. If you have a headache or feel ill do you feel small aches in crown area? Also, heavy braids, weaves, scrathy scalp can also make the already weak crown area even more prone to breakage.

My solutions: I really baby my crown, extra dc's with heat cap, special shampoos (Neutrogena TGel for sensitive scalps, use only pure oils (vit e, castor, coconut, etc.). When I wear braids I make sure crown area loose and that the braids are not too heavy in that area.

I can tell my crown is doing better because it feels better. I still have a nice amount of stress in my life but I do the solutions I mentioned above to help alleviate the damage. Also, a nice warm bath and a good glass of wine help:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Thanks Honeydew and Nakish

FutureMD, I agree with the other ladies with their tips. Also, make sure you relax that section last since it seems to be having more issues than the rest of your hair.

Make sure you braids for your sew in are not too loose on those sections too.

I am experiencing crown breakage as well. I didn't really notice until I tried to wear my hair with a part down the middle (in the front). I noticed little short hairs sticking up. I do have some stress in my life (law school). I also wondered if wrapping it everynight contributed to it. How many of you ladies that experience crown breakage wrap your hair everynight? If none of you do, then maybe it's stress that causes my breakage.

I am experiencing crown breakage as well. I didn't really notice until I tried to wear my hair with a part down the middle (in the front). I noticed little short hairs sticking up. I do have some stress in my life (law school). I also wondered if wrapping it everynight contributed to it. How many of you ladies that experience crown breakage wrap your hair everynight? If none of you do, then maybe it's stress that causes my breakage.

Im gonna go with stress! The first time my hair broke off like that it was 2005 and I was in LPN school 40 hrs a week plus I worked. The most recent time I was in RN school full time and working full time. Stress stress and more stress! Luckily I graduate next friday so hopefully my stress levels will decrease significantly. You'd better take some B complex!

Im gonna go with stress! The first time my hair broke off like that it was 2005 and I was in LPN school 40 hrs a week plus I worked. The most recent time I was in RN school full time and working full time. Stress stress and more stress! Luckily I graduate next friday so hopefully my stress levels will decrease significantly. You'd better take some B complex!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GRADUATION! :alcoholic:cheers:

And I just added B-Complex to my regimen about 3 days ago. Yeah, about 1.5 years too late!:wallbash: Hopefully it will help though.

Back