Help! Missing Hair in back

blessedmom

Help...I got a Dominican blowout and noticed the back of my head is missing hair. I have been transitioning for over 1 year and thought things were going smoothly. I would hate to cut all of it right now to make even. Should I do protective styling until it grows some and cut to make even? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• hair (2).jpg
    hair (2).jpg
    500 KB · Views: 172
Sorry that happened to you... Did they apply heat to the entire length of your hair? I wouldn't cut, I would protective style, keep your ends hidden for a while and let it grow out then trim

Yes, she applied heat to the entire length. I told her only the roots and I regret getting it done.

Thanks ladies for your responses. I will baby it and perform protective styling.

Hmmm... perhaps my eyes are failing me but there doesn't seem to be any noticable hair missing in the back of your head. I do see some thinness but one of the things I've learned about having perms vs. being natural is that you're usually more conscious of the way your hair behaves. Your hair just may be less dense in the center. Don't do anything drastic until you're sure your hair is really damaged. :) Good Luck.

It depends on how much of a stickler you are for neat ends/eveness... It does look a little thin in the back and if you are like me that will drive you crazy but if you have the discipline to let it fill in, I say just let it fill in.

I'm so sorry you are having to make this discision. I'm sure it will be back before you know if.. just focus on the overall health of your hair and not just that spot.

Last edited:
What kind of protective styles do you wear?
I used to wear a tight ponytail and my hair started to look sort of like that. But like already suggested, I wouldn't cut it. Just nurture it and let it fill in.

I have gone through this same thing. you have to make the decision if you want to try to work through this or just cut it. I have to cut becuase I had just brushed away my hair away thin you could just open up my hair all around my head and see where the hair was missing. if it is just in one spot maybe you can working with it. you maybe not able to do heat on your hair at this time.

I experienced something similar earlier this year. I agree with the other ladies. Don't cut it. Just baby your ends and protective style. It will fill in faster than you know.

Back