Should I.....?

• relax then install sew-in

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • install sew in then relax upon removal

Votes: 35 87.5%

• Total voters

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I plan on getting a sew in on the eight and I was originally scheduled for my 8 weeks post retouch on the 3rd.

Now my dilemma is should I go ahead and relax on the 3rd then install sew in on the 8th?

Or

should I just forgo the relaxer, install my sew in on the 8th and relax when I remove the sew in sometime mid January?

DE JA VU-It was just a post similar to your question. Anyhoo........

Well you really don't want to relax and then get the sew in, your hair will be alot weaker than before and may cause some damage.

Since you getting a sew in, just wait till after your get it taken out then, then relax. Also gives you more time to gain another .5inch or more of newgrowth.

HTH

Sew in first, relax later :yep:

Your hair's gonna be hidden anyway, so the newgrowth won't matter. And as pp said, relaxing weakens your hair. Relaxing a few days before getting a sew in will be asking for a setback

I guess I should just set my appointment for this week instead... for the sew in that is... since I won't be relaxing now.

IMO you should also wait at least 5-7 days after you remove your weave to get a relaxer. I wouldn't just apply a relaxer directly after removing a weave.

HHG!:grin:

IMO you should also wait at least 5-7 days after you remove your weave to get a relaxer. I wouldn't just apply a relaxer directly after removing a weave.

HHG!:grin:
oh definitely.... my scalp will be really sensitive when I remove the sew in

Sew in first, relax later :yep:

Your hair's gonna be hidden anyway, so the newgrowth won't matter. And as pp said, relaxing weakens your hair. Relaxing a few days before getting a sew in will be asking for a setback

ITA with the above! :yep:

I agree, skip the touch up and just get the sew-in. Besides the risk of the setback, you will be wasting money getting a touch up on hair that is going to be hidden for the next 6-8 weeks.

I agree with the rest of the ladies. If you relax right before getting a sew in, your hair will be too weak and I'm afraid you'll suffer a setback and we don't want that. Relax at least a week after you take your sew in down.

I agree with everyone else. Are you getting it done in New Orleans? If so, where, I'm trying to find a good weavologist down here.

3 people voted that I should get the touch up first.... why do you all think so?
I agree with everyone else. Are you getting it done in New Orleans? If so, where, I'm trying to find a good weavologist down here.
No I won't be getting it down here. I have a friend who does my weaves and she's in Grambling

Why would people vote to relax first? :confused:

Ladies who voted to relax first, why'd you choose that option?

Honestly I didn't vote at all but, I commented based on what majority of the ladies recommended.:grin: I just figured that the majority rules. Basically I stated that if Val was going to get a weave 1st, then she shouldn't apply a relaxer directly after removing it. Waiting at least 5-7 days would be beneficial. :yep:

I was also thinking that Val should get a relaxer 1st, keep her hair moisturized and deep conditioned and then apply weave approximately 3-4 weeks after. Or apply the weave after some new growth has formed. I'd never suggest getting a weave directly after relaxing, then she'd be bald. :wallbash:

I suffered a major setback from being 12 weeks post and getting a weave. When I removed it, my hair was a tangled disaster. Therefore, I'd do it differently the next time. I don't know where I went wrong but, I wouldn't want her to make the same mistake I did.:nono:

Are you getting a sew in or glue? Sew-ins are healthy, glue pulls out your hair. A full or half weave? How long do you plan on having it in?

Last edited:
I'm getting the weave tomorrow.... I'm currently 8 weeks post and I wear sew-in....never glue :nono:

I plan on washing my hair then blow drying it before I out the weave in. I'm still comtemplating if I should do my whole head.... (with bangs like I had it before) or do a part in the middle and just leave a lil bit of my hair out at the top.

Back