Help Me With Some Styles! Please!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Hey Ladies! I need serious help! I'm almost four months into my transition, and these past few days I have felt UNpretty. :( I still want to transition, but I need help doing some styles. I don't know how to do flat twist, braids, or anything on my hair. Can anyone help?! I workout everyday and braidouts and twistouts are a no. Just need help with the "simple" stuff. TIA.

I do braidouts by doing 14 plaits on wet hair. Unfortunately, I had to cut back on my workouts because washing and braiding my hair more than once a week was too time consuming. I still workout, but mostly walking and pilates so I don't sweat too much.

Hey,

When I transitioned it was least painful when it was cornrowed/kinky twisted/cornrowed under straight weave to give me my "glamorous fix"! I think this is a time when you HAVE to find help -- i.e. a stylist and/or a friend who can braid. This works WONDERS, both for making you feel pretty AND for allowing you to fight less with your hair, hence little breakage and lots of GROWTH! :grin:

I used to cut an inch or two off my hair every time I took down a braided style, and I wouldn't take it down until I saw at least 1 inch of new growth at my roots! Because of the occasional straight sew-in weave, many never even knew I was transitioning. :look: Just make sure to keep your hair washed often and moisturized under the braids no matter what, and you should be good to go!

I say if you can get somone to cornrow your hair that would help. I wore mostly braidouts and twistout but I would retwist or braid every night so I never had a problem with working out. It may not make you feel pretty but in the end I resorted to a ponytail. I would CW everday, add my leave-in and moisturizer and pull my hair into a ponytail. HTH.

Thanks to you too, chocolate! I'm feeling a little better because I managed to put together LorraineG's Bun. I've been doing the ponytail thing, and just need some variety. I'll hopefully be braided up in a few more weeks, just gotta be patient.

Back