Help me type my hair? Please?

mommy2kaela

001-vi.jpg

Washed uncombed no product

my hair tends to frizz and shrink if I start brushing on it and after washing if I comb it with product it rorm into shirly temple type curls on the bottom half of my hair. It looks almost straight and really shiny under water and gains more volumne and begins to shrink as it dries if I don't add product.

i posted this in black and white because I don't like this pic and the camera made my face look oily let me know if it needs 2 b in color to type. Thanks in advance

heres another 1

537e4e57c84fd9db199544716d7217-vi.jpg

this is what happens if I use a brush instead of a comb

025-vi.jpg

this is my ahir short if forms in a cork screw and s curl combo when short

scan0022-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking 3b or 3c? I don't really get specific with the hair types, I just use them for general purposes but dear, your hair is gorgeous!:yep:

ithink 3b/3c...BTW your hair is gorgeous this is exactly how I wanted my hair to look when I was natural!!!!

is say 3c
your hair curls at the very end and its really wavy
i love your hair:yep:

you hair looks like my coworkers

Thank you all very much. I tried using the sites but the celebrity pics were confusing and I couldn't figure much out. Thanks alot.:grin:

My first guess is to say 3a, but it also seems to have characteristics of 2c and 3b.. I'm comparing the appearance of your hair with hair in the two's and three's, and your hair seems to have characteristics of both.

Last edited:
My first guess is to say 3a, but it also seems to have characteristics of 2c and 3b.. I'm comparing the appearance of your hair with hair in the two's and three's, and your hair seems to have characteristics of both.

Thats exactly what had me soo confused when reading the descriptions of the hair types and all the different pics I was looking at this site and it listed the celebs in a range of types, it was very confusing. Thanks for the help:yep: http://www.growafrohairlong.com/hairtypes.html

Hey! newbie here...curious as to what my type is. I was thinking 4a but i know if i sleep on it, rather than become a matted mess of curls, it straightens! :perplexed Pictures in my Fotkie, PW CurlyQ

Last edited:
That's like my hair (although my waves are looser). I would say 3b?

ETA: Kurlee, your hair looks 3c-ish

Last edited:
Your hair seems like a highly textured 2b/3a because you really don't have any curls or coils until the ends of your hair, it looks like mostly highly textured waves. None the less it still looks gorgeous!

Back