help me get this outta my hair!!

caliber38

Hey ladies. I had some twists put in my hair at the salon to hide my new grow (9 wks post) and I took them down today. The problem is that I washed my hair 3X in the shower and my hair still feels hard in some spots due to the gel :wallbash:. What can I do? Will putting a lot of oil on my hair and washing it again help me get rid of this. I'm getting a touch up on friday and i dont know if it will take as well if i dont fix this.

What gel did they use and what shampoo are you using to wash your hair? Are you sure its gel you're feeling and it's no just that your hair needs a moisturizing deep condition?

I don't use anything to twist my hair so I'm sorry I don't have a clue what to suggest. But I was thinking if you're using a natural shampoo without lots of suds, you might not be able to get build up off the way you might with a clarifying shampoo. Perhaps if you knew the ingredients in the gel some scientist on the forum might know what will shake it off.

If all fails, I'd go back to whoever twisted your hair and have them fix the mess. Since s/he put the gel in there, I assume s/he knows what it takes to get it off.

Good luck. Sorry I couldn't help.

Have you tried just washing it with conditioner?
or doing a really intense deep conditioner?
NO SHAMPOO!!! I wouldn't use oil... that's bad news.
I did a hair show and I had a lot of stuff in my hair...
I just poured like a whole bottle of conditioner on my hair
and let it sit. you might try leaving it on overnight using
the baggy method, or do the steam towel thing... or sit
under a warm dryer with a plastic cap.

Hey ladies. I had some twists put in my hair at the salon to hide my new grow (9 wks post) and I took them down today. The problem is that I washed my hair 3X in the shower and my hair still feels hard in some spots due to the gel :wallbash:. What can I do? Will putting a lot of oil on my hair and washing it again help me get rid of this. I'm getting a touch up on friday and i dont know if it will take as well if i dont fix this.

I would suggest that you use a good clarifying poo. It will remove the build up. You may have to clarify twice since you are dealing with gel. then follow with your normal moisturizing poo.

Have you clarified? I'd say clarify and then DC (overnight if possible). That should help you. I've used V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze to clarify and it worked great. And you can pick it up for $1.

If you've been washing it with shampoo and putting oil in it.... thats your problem right there.

Oil doesn't moisturize and neither does shampoo. most of the gel would have come out of your hair during the first shampoo. And the second time would have removed all of it.

The problem here isn't that the gel is still in your hair, the problem is that you are keeping your hair dry by not conditioning it/moisturizing/moisture sealing it properly.

Oil just seals up the hair and doesn't let any moisture into it. and then just drys it out more. You need to go to the bss, and find a good deep conditioner (NOT a hot oil) a moisturizing cream (NOT hair grease) and a butter (like avocado butter or mango butter)

DO NOT SHAMPOO YOUR HAIR AGAIN. use only the conditioner. Then squeeze the water out of your hair with the towel (dot rub) and put the moisturizing cream and butter in it. Braid it up in large sections and let it air dry (NO BLOW DRIER!) then when its dry assess it to make sure you don't need anything else in it and go ahead and style it.... it should feel much better then.

This sounds strange. I've never heard of gel that would not wash out.

It seems like something may have been put in your hair intentionally to cause problems.

I'm currently nursing my hair back to health after being the victim of a jealous beautician. After going to the same beautician for 3 years (faithfully), in one day she pulled a large amount of my hair out while detangling.

• Please take my advice. DON'T GO BACK TO THAT BEAUTICIAN!

Back