help me get this henna out of my hair!!

Qetesh

I henna’d for the first time yesterday. Here is my process
Henna mixed with green tea, molasses, hello hydration conditioner, alma oil, essential oils, and some lemon juice.
I let it sit overnight then applied it to dirty dry hair. let it sit for about 5 hours. (did chores) then rinsed it out – shampooed lathered 4 times… rinsed … and rinsed ….. finally once my water was ice cold and I couldn’t take it anymore I deep conditioned for 40 minutes with sarlem wheat germ. Then rinsed out…..

My problem is…. I STILL have henna on my head…. If I scratch my scalp I can see it in my nails…. What am I doing wrong?????

Any suggestions….

On a lighter note my hair has a nice slight red tint to it. And I like the way the curl pattern seems more calm if u can say such a thing.

I always use a cheapie conditioner (V05 Tea Therapy) to get the henna out BEFORE i shampoo. I find that shampoo does nothing to help get henna out. I rinse thoroughly then work a lot of the conditioner into my hair leave it in for a minute or two then rinse. I do this about 3 times and then I shampoo and deep condition as usual. HTH.

saturate your hair with any VO5 conditioner, squeeze the excess out, saturate hair with VO5 again and rinse, repeat until all henna is removed

you may end up using 3-4 bottles of VO5

Thanks for the suggestionsJ

I have strawberries and cream moisture milks I can use up.
The thing is it seems to be out of my hair, but somehow still kinda on my scalp. I also have little balls of it like small dried up particles of henna. ….

I use conditioner to rinse out my henna also. I rinse it out as well as I can, generally until the water is running clean and then I don't much worry about it. For the first couple of days, I can usually see henna if I scratch my scalp, but over the course of the next few days it's gone. I do cowash daily, though.

Back