help me bring out my natural curls

Opulence

hey ladies I finally texlaxed after a 1 yr and 3 month stretch. I am looking for products/regimen suggestions to help bring out my curls. I would like to cut off my relaxed hair (about an inch) and wear all my hair texlaxed but I want to get a hang of this texlax look. so please, tell me what you're using to wear your hair naturally curly. I have 4b textured hair.

all you naturals/texlaxers out there and no one can give me a suggestion :-(

HELP!

Last edited:
There's no secret formula of products that makes the hair curl unfortunately. I am not going to speak for other but in my own case when I do wear my hair in it naturally curly state I wash it with condish then add a leave-in. Otherwise my hair is either in a twist/ braid out or in a protective style.

I'm not the best at actually doing things to define my coils. I've tried to shingle and the gels and that mess doesn't work for me :lol:

I find that keeping the hair moisturized and conditioned (I deep condition 2x a week), using a nice thick leave in/moisturizer and sealing with oil make the coils "pop" on their own.

Also, I dunno if this is just my hair or if it's common for type 4 hair, but if I'm going for an extra coily/curly look, I only finger detangle. Combs and brushes knock out some of the coil.

I currently use lustrasilk shea butter conditioner and coconut oil to deep condition and I also use them as a leave in and to seal. I use Avalon Organics B-Complex Shampoo.

Other things that worked for me in the past (texlaxed hair):

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (deep conditioner)
Giovanni Direct (leave in)
Jojoba Oil
Castor Oil
Miss Keys 10 en 1 (deep conditioner/leave in)
Aubrey Organics B5 Gel (just a small amount for hold)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo
Nature's Gate Conditioners (Leave in)

This is my curl definition natural:

IMG_1633_crop-vi.jpg

This is my definition texlaxed:

CantStyle-vi.jpg

Hope this helps!

I think the people who'd be most likely to help you are not so much natural people but texlaxed ones. I personally wouldn't know the first thing about how to deal with texlaxed hair or make it behave a certain way coz I have never been texlaxed.

ETA: I was going to suggest you ask Neith coz I believe she once was...but I see she posted.

hey ladies I finally texlaxed after a 1 yr and 3 month stretch. I am looking for products/regimen suggestions to help bring out my curls. I would like to cut off my relaxed hair (about an inch) and wear all my hair texlaxed but I want to get a hang of this texlax look. so please, tell me what you're using to wear your hair naturally curly. I have 4b textured hair.

Nevermind. Hopefully, some more texlaxers can help out.

Last edited:
Back