Help Manage curly natural hair

tlmack

Ladies,

Does anyone have any suggestions/product recommendations on how to keep your natural curly hair wet looking vs. the way the curls look when they dry? I can usually keep the back half of my hair looking good, but the front half of my curls usually look a mess.

I'm not sure if it is because of the different lengths between the front and back, but when it dries it either looks boofy or dry. I really want that crimpped look, but I end up with cute spirals in the back and a mess in the front. As a result, I always end up only wearing the back of my curly hair down and I look young, not to mention, I get bored with the look.

I've tried: Olive Oil; Surge Moisture Aid; Care Free Curl Activator; Surge Motion Lotion; Rosemerry Oil, WGO. Combos of these products.

I just can't keep that flat curly look all over instead I get a thick boofy one in the front.

Should I try more ponytail holders to set instead of two - 1 front & 1 rear

Any ideas???

I wash, then deep condition with Herbal Cholesterol with a touch of wild growth oil on top. Sit under the dryer for 30 min. Rinse. Then apply EQP mango butter. This works well for me..and my puff looks like it does in my avatar/my album.
On the days you don't wash, you should try just CO washing. That normally helps so you hair is not drying out soo much.
Also, if you want to wear your hair "curly", you might not want to press it as much. You might have to re "train" the curls so that they know you want them to stay moisturized and defined.

I've found that the leave in I use on my hair makes a big difference- I've started using Elucence conditioner as a leave in. When it comes to setting I use two low ponytails and then tie my hair down with a satin scarf which leaves the front smoother. My favorite defining product is proclaim activator gel from Sally's. Hope you work those curls out and be sure to get pics I'm sure your curls are lovely :)

Divastate said:
I've found that the leave in I use on my hair makes a big difference- I've started using Elucence conditioner as a leave in. When it comes to setting I use two low ponytails and then tie my hair down with a satin scarf which leaves the front smoother. My favorite defining product is proclaim activator gel from Sally's. Hope you work those curls out and be sure to get pics I'm sure your curls are lovely :)

Divastate, when you do two ponytails low - do you do them on each side Left & Right?

I do daily conditioner washes and use a little conditioner as a leave in and a little IC gel with sparklelites. HTH. It's very simple.

The only thing that I've found so far that accomplishes that pretty wet curly look when dry is Curly Pudding and Curly Meringue. I get great definition, and they also get rid of the frizz that I struggle with when I use other products.

curl activator and gel applied to wet hair works for my curly/spirally new growth! ;) Btw, I'm a transitioner and I wear my hair in a bun, so my edges stay soft and not dry from using these products! :yep:

Back