HELP!!! Kinky twists???

• Thread starter Thread starter HoneyRockette
  • Start date Start date
H

HoneyRockette

I went to the braid salon for my cornrows. I showed her the style I wanted and she told me what hair to buy. I bought the hair and I went back and waited ever so patiently while she finished another woman's hair. Then I sat in the chair. She was halfway done with one braid on my head, then unraveled it and said "Too short." I was so upset! I have work tomorrow and I CANNOT go to work with my hair looking like Kizzy Kinte!! She just said "I'm sorry. I can't do it. It won't look neat." If you all could SEE my hair you would know why I was so devastated. I flipped around in my braid book like, "PLEASE! Can't you do something to it? ANYTHING?!" She stopped me on a page with kinky twists and told me it would be perfect with my current length and texture. I have never had kinky twists, nor have I ever even considered it for a style. She told me, once again, what kind of hair to buy and rescheduled me for 6:00 this evening. I bought the hair and I am on my way back to her salon but I have no idea how to care for kinky twists. Has anyone ever had them? How long do they last? How do I wash them? How do I keep them moisturized?

I've done my hair in kinky twists with the afro puff human hair. They have lasted roughly 5 weeks (I can't seem to keep a style much longer than that
mad.gif
) I would wash, condition, moisturise them the same as if I had braids in, but I was a little more gentle washing them than braids because my friend said her hair started to dread when she had them. I have never experienced that. Everyone loves them on me, especially since it looks like my natural hair texture
smile.gif
Hope this helps!

Back