Help issues with hawaiian silky

angeleyez04

I have using hawaiian silky mild lye for the last two perms I got, but i noticed that my hair feels great for a week or week and a half and then it reverts. I stretch for about 10-13 weeks, I am not sure if I should move up to regular or if this is a problem with the brand itself. Its only being 3 weeks since my last perm and i feel like I could use another one:nono:. So that is my issus with HS mild. What do you guys think?

OH my hair is chin length and quite thin but it has been getting thicker recently because of products i use.

I'm 4a and I use regular strength. It gets me pretty straight but not bone. When my hair is wet it still has a slight curl in it but not as though I texlaxed. Good luck.

I use HS mild but I do so because I use haircolor. Both regular and mild work the same for me, and I haven't had a problem with reversion and I have coarse 4b hair. I will say my results vary sometimes depending where I buy it. Now I only order it online at the manufacturer site because I don't trust buying it off the shelves in my local bss. It doesn't sell well there so I think its an old product. I switched to ORS lye last month since it was more readily available, but Hawaiian Silky leaves my hair thicker and silkier so I'm going back to it.

Last edited:
I use HS mild but I do so because I use haircolor. Both regular and mild work the same for me, and I haven't had a problem with reversion and I have coarse 4b hair. I will say my results vary sometimes depending where I buy it. Now I only order it online at the manufacturer site because I don't trust buying it off the shelves in my local bss. It doesn't sell well there so I think its an old product. I switched to ORS lye last month since it was more readily available, but Hawaiian Silky leaves my hair thicker and silkier so I'm going back to it.

Hi there,

Do you mind me asking what site you purchased the HS relaxer from? I noticed that when I went to the bss the jars seemed to have dust on them(a lot more compared to other brands like ORS, Dark and Lovely, etc...).

tia,
tishee

I haven't experienced any other issues with it. I like it aside from the hair reverting soon after, it does a great job. I do not experience a lot of breakage.

bumping to ask if any of you ladies are using the HS lye regular and relaxing bone straight? If so, how long are you leaving the relaxer on and are you adding any oil/other additives to the relaxer prior to relaxing?
tia,
tishee

bumping to ask if any of you ladies are using the HS lye regular and relaxing bone straight? If so, how long are you leaving the relaxer on and are you adding any oil/other additives to the relaxer prior to relaxing?
tia,
tishee

I use HS regular lye, I like to relax close to bone straight. i don't add anything to it. When i first started to use it my hair came out very under processed. I learned over time i needed to leave on a little longer than the recommended time and really really smooth it down.

I use HS regular lye, I like to relax close to bone straight. i don't add anything to it. When i first started to use it my hair came out very under processed. I learned over time i needed to leave on a little longer than the recommended time and really really smooth it down.
Hi there,
Thanks so, so much for your response. May I ask how long your leave in on to get the bone straight results? Also, do you smooth the relaxer with the back of a comb or pull it through at all?

Back