HELP!!! Impossible Hair!!!!

seraphim712

My hair is natural so I guess you can imagine how it turns out after I wash in the shower. I washed and deep conditioned it two weeks ago, but somehow after I blow dried it, the results ended up in an afro that's stuck between semi straight frizzy tangled up spiral curls in the back, and semi straight ends in the front with frizzy nappy roots(kinda like a relaxer w/ new growth).

It feels like my hair will be frozen in this state until I wash it again which I'm afraid to do because I suspect that it will tangle up worse. I'm afraid to comb it in fear of tearing out hair from my roots, and I can't even put my hair into a full pony tail without the scrunchii(sp?) popping off due to the stubborness of my hair. I'm not sure if it's the products I use or if it's how I'm drying my hair. But I'm going crazy!!! I can't go to a stylist right now until January (college student= no money). Should I try rollersetting my hair instead of blowdrying it? Are the Olive Oil hair products good to use(I use the Olive Oil Aloe Shampoo, Deep Conditioner, and Moisturizing Lotion) or is it a false promise just to make money? Please let me know what I can do to solve this problem.

Last edited:
When I was first went natural I was in college, here are the products I used to (and still sometimes use).
CON shampoo followed by Lekair cholesterol for conditionining. I only detangle/comb my hair while it is wet. You can use whatever leavein you like while detangling. ORS olive oil lotion is pretty good but a little greasy, I"m still looking for a good moisturizer (I love the carols daughter products but can't drop the money right now). When I used to blow dry I would put my hair in 4-6 big twists and let it air dry for a while and then while it was still damp I would blow dry (so I wouldn't have to use so much heat). When i want to wear a pony tail I have to wet my hair (atleast the front so it will lay down) I use a good brush and curlwax to lay it down and then tie my hair up for atleast 30 minutes. I use ouchless ponytail holders by to make my ponytails usually. Also make sure you're using a shower comb with wide teeth when you're detangling your hiar. I don't recommend combing natural hair while it is dry unless you have it loaded with some type of detangler or moisturizer. Whatever you do stay away from harsh stripping shampoos, it makes the hair so unmanageable and you'll constantly be trying to replace the oils.
hope this helps.

Thanks.

I was thinking of using the Keracare hair products along with the magnetic rollersetting technique and taking vitamins with a healthy food eating regimen. It just seems like it's easier said than done.

Ms Lala said:
When I was first went natural I was in college, here are the products I used to (and still sometimes use).
CON shampoo followed by Lekair cholesterol for conditionining. I only detangle/comb my hair while it is wet. You can use whatever leavein you like while detangling. ORS olive oil lotion is pretty good but a little greasy, I"m still looking for a good moisturizer (I love the carols daughter products but can't drop the money right now). When I used to blow dry I would put my hair in 4-6 big twists and let it air dry for a while and then while it was still damp I would blow dry (so I wouldn't have to use so much heat). When i want to wear a pony tail I have to wet my hair (atleast the front so it will lay down) I use a good brush and curlwax to lay it down and then tie my hair up for atleast 30 minutes. I use ouchless ponytail holders by to make my ponytails usually. Also make sure you're using a shower comb with wide teeth when you're detangling your hiar. I don't recommend combing natural hair while it is dry unless you have it loaded with some type of detangler or moisturizer. Whatever you do stay away from harsh stripping shampoos, it makes the hair so unmanageable and you'll constantly be trying to replace the oils.
hope this helps.

Not trying to jack your thread but this is excellent advice Ms Lala .I love all of these tips :)

seraphim712 said:
My hair is natural so I guess you can imagine how it turns out after I wash in the shower. I washed and deep conditioned it two weeks ago, but somehow after I blow dried it, the results ended up in an afro that's stuck between semi straight frizzy tangled up spiral curls in the back, and semi straight ends in the front with frizzy nappy roots(kinda like a relaxer w/ new growth).

It feels like my hair will be frozen in this state until I wash it again which I'm afraid to do because I suspect that it will tangle up worse. I'm afraid to comb it in fear of tearing out hair from my roots, and I can't even put my hair into a full pony tail without the scrunchii(sp?) popping off due to the stubborness of my hair. I'm not sure if it's the products I use or if it's how I'm drying my hair. But I'm going crazy!!! I can't go to a stylist right now until January (college student= no money). Should I try rollersetting my hair instead of blowdrying it? Are the Olive Oil hair products good to use(I use the Olive Oil Aloe Shampoo, Deep Conditioner, and Moisturizing Lotion) or is it a false promise just to make money? Please let me know what I can do to solve this problem.

Cover it with conditioner and detangle in sections with a large wide toothed comb.

Back