Help! I'm Woolly after Emergencee 4wks post...

Course24

I'm 4 wks post relaxer and used Emergencee just 1 week ago and it has made my hair so kinky and woolly I can hardly do anything with it! I've used this product in the past without this sort of problem. Let me tell you what I did That evening in question...

I washed w/matrix poo 1x, applied Emergencee w/heat cap 40 mins, rinse, thick as wool w/film on it. Washed 2x more (1 one of them w/C.O.N for more detangle effect). Then tried to strip the leathery feel off with ACV no go,worse. Conditioned with a mix of Mizani Fulfyl and Matrix Cond Balm, left on 30 mins. I looked like hell by the head,frizzy fro I was. Tangled something awful. So I let it air dry in pony bun completely and next day flat ironed w/ Maxiglide. Afterwards, it's still awful, doesn't have the same silkiness it usually has after a hit with my Maxiglide. So this week I washed and deep cond again to same results, just more stringy frizz.

Now what in world could i do at this point? I don't need a relaxer I know, I go 6-9 weeks between relaxers but this has me literally frazzled. I'm at the point I'm gonna throw that ****in the trash. I don't know what could've went wrong this time. No problems before, it thickens my hair afterwards,yes, but not this mess it turned my hair into. I'm at a lost on this one...help

This is mind boggling, did you use the original Emergencee or the new formula which instructs to leave on for 2 mins (or something like that)?

Just curious....

Personally I think you should clarify and use a deep moisturizing conditioner. From reading everything you've done sounds like your hair is in product overload.

Also, I notice emergencee works better after I have clarified

MizaniMami said:
Personally I think you should clarify and use a deep moisturizing conditioner. From reading everything you've done sounds like your hair is in product overload.

I agree!!!

I had this happen to me twice and after clarifying and deep conditioning, I was back to normal both times.

MizaniMami said:

I agree. I always clarify before any protein treatment.

Thanks This Helps...

baglady215 said:
I agree. I always clarify before any protein treatment.

I used the old formula that's white/burg, not the grayish/green one. Also I didn't think to clarify before applying the product. That's something I'll do this week definitely and post the result. Thanks ladies. If you'd like to add recommendations and clarifying poos chime in or send me a link....

I think you may have left it on a too long. I'd follow the instructions when dealing with hard core proteins. Also, clarifying and using a good moisturising conditioner like Humectress should help.

Re: Thanks This Helps...

Course24 said:
I used the old formula that's white/burg, not the grayish/green one. Also I didn't think to clarify before applying the product. That's something I'll do this week definitely and post the result. Thanks ladies. If you'd like to add recommendations and clarifying poos chime in or send me a link....

I just use el cheapo Suave, which is pretty good, but I am looking for a better one. I'm eyeing the Kenra clarifying poo. Good luck!

I like V05 Kiwi Lime and Squueze, but if you are willing to shell out some extra bucks I would def. go for Aveda Detox!

Back