help :( im losing alot of hair

Im trying to go 10 weeks without a relaxer. It's only been 5 weeks and im losing alot of hair when i unwrap it and comb thru.
frown.gif
the last time I got my hair relaxed my stylist didnt do a good job. Should I get a perm and start fresh or can you ladies give me some ideas.
ohwell.gif

thanks

When you say your stylist didn't do a good job, do you mean your hair is overprocessed or underprocessed?

Well, it doesn't seem to be working for you to stretch out a poor perm. And I might look for another beautician. Meanwhile, try a braid-out or twist-out so that you don't have to comb your hair daily.

In addition to low maintenance styles that don't require manipulation, you could maybe you a bigger comb, combing starting from the ends and slowly working your way up, only combing while wet. For me personally I know that it's not a good idea to comb my dry hair when I have more than an inch of new growth and that I CANT use wide tooth combs unless it's in the shower because they end up causing more breakage. But, the general consensus will be that for stretching relaxers, protective styles are a girl's best friend

I would use a protective style and wait until the sixth wk then PERM. How much new growth do you think you have? I wouldn't wait 'til ten wks if you're shedding that much AND you have a good amt of new growth.

JMO...

[ QUOTE ]
Covagirlm said:
Im trying to go 10 weeks without a relaxer. It's only been 5 weeks and im losing alot of hair when i unwrap it and comb thru.
frown.gif
the last time I got my hair relaxed my stylist didnt do a good job. Should I get a perm and start fresh or can you ladies give me some ideas.
ohwell.gif

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

if u do not plan on relaxing soon, avoid excessive combing and do not wrap your hair. u might want to check out threads about protective styles and different ways to wear your hair at night.
wink.gif

I agree that you should not wrap your hair everyday when you have significant newgrowth. I wouldn't wrap it at all, braidouts or other styles that only require combing immediately after washing would be better. Also, when you do wrap, it would be better to use a seamless wide-tooth comb (see Tenderheaded.com) instead of a fine-tooth comb. A lot of people have experienced breakage from wrapping frequently even without a lot of newgrowth. I had to stop wrapping all together it seemed to thin my hair out a little. Hope this helps. :-)

Back