Help! I'm in gel hell!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am having trouble doing anything to my hair. I can wash n go, but it takes alot of gel to make my curls pop. I'm getting so sick and tired of this. Can anyone give me a tip or product that helped them wash n go without a gel overdose?:blush::rolleyes: Thanks in advance.

Noodlehead from Sally's works really well. A little goes a long way b/c of the texture of the product. It's like a thick creamy lotion that spreads really well. It smells like coconut. It doesn't get hard - gives a nice soft hold. It doesn't help with shrinkage though if that's a concern. But you can always diffuse a little to stretch the curls. HTH

i never use gel for my wash n go- i just cowash, spritz with leave-in/moisturizer and go. I don't even shake- i just finger comb.

I've heard from excellent curlysource that Got2B hair lotion/creme works well for curl definition. Haven't tried it yet myself.

Definitely Elucence Moisture Balance used as a leave-in. I had the best curls ever with this product and there's no need for gel or anything else. I just used a small amount of this and brushed through w/ Denman brush. I have a few pics of the results in my fotki. I am amazed at this product. I won't be using gels anymore.

I find that Breakthru Heat Strengthening Cream, by Soft Sheen, is a good alternative to gel. I use it every morning to smooth out my sides. If I dampen my hair and apply the Breakthru (liberally), it gives me a soft hold and a really good shine.:) I'm never without it.

I just co washed my hair today...it was shedding more than normal. I use ampro gel... but first I pur olive or some essential oil in it first. and I just lay the gel on the edges. I have too. I was using isoplus pre conditoner gel It didn't shed this bad...but it didn't hold as good..

Last edited:
curly pudding has worked well for me. and curly custard (by kinky-curly) works great for my friend. to second lucia, i've also heard great things about curls2b curling lotion or styling cream. i've also combined cheapy condish (VO5) with labella gel

we may have opposite problems but for me its all about technique. i have some areas that won't curl up at all and stay straight. at those areas i smooth product down the length with my palm (because my hair needs weight & lots of product) then i'll scrunch the ends or wind them around my findger. the ends are where my hair usually lacks curl definition. hth

Give your hair a break from products. Don't become a junkie, if you aren't already, LOL. Try an actual "wash n' go." Do it without gel and possibly without any product, only add a little moisturizer if you must. Trust me it can be done. ;)

Remember, less is more!!!

Back