Help! I'm going shopping but I need feedback...

KinksnCurlz

Help! I\'m going shopping but I need feedback...

My fellow gurus
laugh.gif
, after work today, I plan on purchasing some items but I would like to know if you have purchased same and what you think about it. TIA

L'Anza Protein Plus
L'Anza Deep Cleansing (is this a clarifying shampoo)
Mizani Botanifying
Mizani Clarifying (Is this better than Neutrogena?)
Mizani Kerafuse (protein conditioner, is this better than the Aphoghee treatment and the Aubreys GPB?)
Mizani Hydrafuse (deep conditioner, does it do something extra as opposed to the moisturfuse (moisturizing conditioner?)
Keratese Smoothing Mask (better than L.U.S.T.?)
Affirm 5 and 1 (reconstructor, is it better than aphoghee treatment)
Giovanni Direct Stay Leave-In
Profectiv healthy ends (i think that's what it's called, is this better than Keracare Silken Seal?)
L'Anza Protectshine (better than silken seal?)
Kiehl's Silk Groom (better than silken seal?)
Joico K-Pak (better than Aphoghee?)

*If you can't make comparisons, that's fine, just tell me what you like/dislike about the above products. Thanks.

No, I won't be purchasing everything on this list
laugh.gif
, just what I think would be best for my hair judging from the feedback.

I got feedback on these items before:

Aubreys GPB
Aubreys Island Spice Creme
Keracare Leave-In
L'Oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Serum

Re: Help! I\'m going shopping but I need feedback...

According to BrownRelaxedHair (expert on L'Anza), the Deep Cleansing is a clarifying poo that she recommends because it doesnt leave your hair feeling stripped. I too would like to try the Giovanni Direct Stay in but I havent found it...only the LEAVE-in (Dont get the wrong one!). I know nothing about Mizani except that folks here rave about their products, especially the Moisturfuse. Sorry that I cant provide more info. But happy shopping!!

I really like L'anza Protein Plus shampoo. I've been using it for a nice while now. Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom is nothing like KeraCare Silken Seal. KeraCare Silken Seal is a serum used on wet hair. Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom is a heavy moisturizer that people use on wet and/or dry hair (which I've been using for a little over two years).

It's a styling aid and a moisturizer (which is what I use it for).

So if I wanted to use it for smoothing my hair (ponytail) and for a daily moisturizer (ie. bouncy curls) I can... gotcha. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
My fellow gurus
laugh.gif
, after work today, I plan on purchasing some items but I would like to know if you have purchased same and what you think about it. TIA

L'Anza Protein Plus
L'Anza Deep Cleansing (is this a clarifying shampoo)
Mizani Botanifying
Mizani Clarifying (Is this better than Neutrogena?)
Mizani Kerafuse (protein conditioner, is this better than the Aphoghee treatment and the Aubreys GPB?)
Mizani Hydrafuse (deep conditioner, does it do something extra as opposed to the moisturfuse (moisturizing conditioner?)
Keratese Smoothing Mask (better than L.U.S.T.?)
Affirm 5 and 1 (reconstructor, is it better than aphoghee treatment)
Giovanni Direct Stay Leave-In
Profectiv healthy ends (i think that's what it's called, is this better than Keracare Silken Seal?)
L'Anza Protectshine (better than silken seal?)
Kiehl's Silk Groom (better than silken seal?)
Joico K-Pak (better than Aphoghee?)

*If you can't make comparisons, that's fine, just tell me what you like/dislike about the above products. Thanks.

No, I won't be purchasing everything on this list
laugh.gif
, just what I think would be best for my hair judging from the feedback.

I got feedback on these items before:

Aubreys GPB
Aubreys Island Spice Creme
Keracare Leave-In
L'Oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Serum

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow what a list!!
I LOVE lanza protein plus shampoo, I've used it for years now and I love that its ph balanced, has an excellent ingredient listing and doesn't feel like a 'protein' drying product in the hair at all. Its supposed to be pefect for chemically relaxed hair. Make sure you get the light blue bottle. Its selling half price at Rickys Outlet on 8th street off Broadway.

Lanza Deep Cleansing, yes this is a clarifyer that doesn't strip. It just leaves the hair really clean, its ph balanced and it uses a gentle clarifying ingredient (TEA). Also get it half off at Ricky's on 8th.

I have Lanza protecshine (now isn't that suprising?). I really like it alot and use it often. Its either that or Keracare silken seal on wet hair. Both deliver smooth results.

Kiehls Silk Groom is different than the Keracare silken seal. Its not a serum. It moisturizes well. Not fantastically but good enough that I repurchased it. I only use it on wet hair before rollar setting or air drying.

I really like Kerastase Smoothing Mask ALOT. Its very similar though in results to LUST I do have to say. I still like it though and got it only because it was a fraction of the price in London. I wouldn't pay for it in the US. Its not worth that price tag.

Aubrey GPB is one of the best protein conditioners I've found: soft hair that sheds less.

Re: Help! I\'m going shopping but I need feedback.

Hi brownrelaxedhair,

I live in NYC but visit my grandma in London three times a year. I have never really bought hair products in London because every cousin I have over there has me lugging hair stuff from here! If you don't mind I'd love a suggestion for a bss in London. I stay in east London when I'm there but it doesn't matter where the shop is as I'll have my travel card.

Where do you live? London or NYC?

Keracare Silken seal, it's cuts frizz completely and makes my hair very soft and shiny. I love this.

L'anza deep cleansing shampoo, my favorite deep cleansing shampoo. BRH is right it leaves my hair feel clean, but not dry.

L'anza protein plus shampoo (original formula) I love the smell of this, like coconuts. My hair felt strong and clean after using it, but I haven't used it long enough to serious any long term results.

Kiehls silk groom, this is kind of heavy for every day use unless I only use a very small amount, it can be used on wet hair also. I use it as a moisturizer/leaven-in and smoothing cream if my hair gets frizzy.

I like the Keracare Silken Seal better than the Lanza ProtecShine.

I think the Hydrafuse is intended to be mixed with the Kerafuse in whatever proportions are necessary for that particular person's head of hair. If you want a moisturizing conditioner from Mizani, I think you should go with Moisturfuse. For protein, I would go with the Fulfyl.

I would like to second Supergirl' suggestion. I've tried both and the moisterfuse is a far superioe conditioning experience. I was even wondering why they even bothered to make the hydrafuse.But having used the kerafus before, I can that being a good mix.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi brownrelaxedhair,

I live in NYC but visit my grandma in London three times a year. I have never really bought hair products in London because every cousin I have over there has me lugging hair stuff from here! If you don't mind I'd love a suggestion for a bss in London. I stay in east London when I'm there but it doesn't matter where the shop is as I'll have my travel card.

Where do you live? London or NYC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Helloooo!

I used to live in London, now am in NYC. Dang, a bss in London? there's alot in Tottenham North London or Brixton would be a good spot actually. Get off at Brixton Hill and around the corner from Boots/superdrug where the street market is, along there are BSS.

Thanks BRH my next trip is not till November -- Thanksgiving weekend.

Back