HELP!!!! i'm addicted to sunsilk and castor oil!!!!

ms*x

i swear, y'all...i am going through a bottle a week!
this exact brand:
74558.jpg

and this:
578417.jpg

then i rollerset with magnetic rolllers and i can have curls from straight hair in about 15-30 minutes without having to apply any heat or anything else!
unbelieveable...and my hair stays so soft and moisturized in this 110 degree dry heat.

but i am so addicted, y'all.
it's like, my pj-ism for leave-ins and sealers have been cured.

i feel like crying...i'm having a moment.

lol, good for you!! i had that moment with just castor oil alone. no matter what i use to moisturize, if i seal with castor oil my hair feels so soft and moisturized. if i use another oil or don't seal, my hair ends up with that crunchy feel.

oh my GOD! dillard! you are one of my inspirations!
*regrouping*
yeah, girl...i went about 3 days without doing anything with my products one week and my hair was so fried, i could've swept a boat deck with my head!

i am professing my love for these two staples of mine from this day forward.
2 products down (as far as staples), about 15 more to go!!!!!
i REALLY need a good deep con - one i can heat up in the microwave with some oils and drench my hair with overnight. this is my next quest.

oh wow :blush: thanx girl!! doesn't it feel good to find staples???!
So far I have only 2 -- castor oil and Keracare Hydrating Detangling shampoo. Those are the only two products so far that have made my mouth drop open in amazement and made my hair act/look/feel like I have never felt it before. Those moments are priceless!! (well, not really cuz we had to pay for them :grin:) but u know what i mean....

i'm looking for DC too so lemme know if u find anything. i just orderd aubrey organics honeysuckle rose and CAN'T WAIT for it to get here.

That's great that you have found 2 staples. Castor Oil is definitely one of my staples that I am in luv with.:yep: Hooray for you!

I don't know how much you pay for Sunsilk but it is on sale at www.drugstore.com for $3.99 (7oz). There is free shipping for orders of $25 or more.

That's great that you have found 2 staples. Castor Oil is definitely one of my staples that I am in luv with.:yep: Hooray for you!

I don't know how much you pay for Sunsilk but it is on sale at www.drugstore.com for $3.99 (7oz). There is free shipping for orders of $25 or more.

it seems like every week in the sunday paper, i find a coupon...i wonder why?!?!?!
and i'm one of those shoppers that goes to the grocery stores, walgreens, cvs, target AND walmart and compare prices (don't tell me i'm affected, y'all...i know some of y'all do that, too!) so far, walmart has had the cheapest price non-sale - $2.99 plus a $1 instant coupon sticker on it.

but drugstore.com IS the truth! i have ordered from there and i love it!

lol, good for you!! i had that moment with just castor oil alone. no matter what i use to moisturize, if i seal with castor oil my hair feels so soft and moisturized. if i use another oil or don't seal, my hair ends up with that crunchy feel.

It's the exact same thing for me! Since using Castor oil my hair is SO VERY moisturized when I use it to seal and/or when mixed with my deep conditioner for my DC under the Pibbs. I was using Jojoba and was faithful to Jojoba for so long...not any longer. I've found my HG of oils and Castor is it! It's a staple. I order mine from CamdenGrey..they are great. I ordered a huge bottle and will continue to order.

this exact brand:
74558.jpg

and this:
578417.jpg

then i rollerset with magnetic rolllers and i can have curls from straight hair in about 15-30 minutes without having to apply any heat or anything else!
unbelieveable...and my hair stays so soft and moisturized in this 110 degree dry heat.

I bought that pink sunsilk stuff. That is the line that replaced my beloved thermasilk i talk about in the "discontinued" thread.

I bought 3 bottles thinking I'd love it and I hate it. It makes my hair dry. I'm so mad at that stuff. On the back of the bottle it says it's not a moisturizer and it's not a gel. Well what is it? LOL.

I need to know!

it seems like every week in the sunday paper, i find a coupon...i wonder why?!?!?!
and i'm one of those shoppers that goes to the grocery stores, walgreens, cvs, target AND walmart and compare prices (don't tell me i'm affected, y'all...i know some of y'all do that, too!) so far, walmart has had the cheapest price non-sale - $2.99 plus a $1 instant coupon sticker on it.

but drugstore.com IS the truth! i have ordered from there and i love it!

I guess I should be asking you where I can find products for the lowest price:grin:
I may have to check out Walmart for some Sunsilk. I've never used the product before, but with such low prices I think it's time for me to jump in!

i do relax bone straight, my hair has very little resistance to chemicals, color or relaxer... but I rarely flat iron. Most of my pictures are of my hair after a rollerset and wrap.

i get my castor oil from camdengrey too. I got a 2lb bottle and it looks like it's last me a year!! since less than a capful will keep me moisturized for a week!

i do relax bone straight, my hair has very little resistance to chemicals, color or relaxer... but I rarely flat iron. Most of my pictures are of my hair after a rollerset and wrap.

i get my castor oil from camdengrey too. I got a 2lb bottle and it looks like it's last me a year!! since less than a capful will keep me moisturized for a week!

looking good dillard. off to camdengrey

ALRIGHT! THAT'S IT! I'm logging off to go get some castor oil.:yep:

let us know how it works for you!!

btw, i just bought sunsilk hydra tlc on my way home today...i have been insane this week, i really have to stop!! but anyway, i'm gonna use it tonight (w/castor oil) to do a bantu knot set. i can't wait to see how it turns out.

let us know how it works for you!!

btw, i just bought sunsilk hydra tlc on my way home today...i have been insane this week, i really have to stop!! but anyway, i'm gonna use it tonight (w/castor oil) to do a bantu knot set. i can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'm trying out the sunsilk hydra tlc on my rollerset right now!:yep: It smells delish.:lick: I let you know how it works tomorrow. :grin: I went to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5FIVE supermarkets and all I found was mineral oil no castor oil.:wallbash::wallbash: What kind of stores are you ladies buying it from and is it in the laxative aisle?

ETA: My hair never fully finished drying this morning. The parts that did dry are very smooth and feel moisturized.

Last edited:
this exact brand:
74558.jpg

and this:
578417.jpg

OK I just had to post because I have the exact same bottle that I got from walmart along with the avacodo oil and I was very surprised to find it their! Then I realized where u live.... I live in Tucson, AZ :grin:

Maybe well have to have a meeting in the AZ:grin:

Anyways it is hard to find a lot these products here because there is only like 2 wig shops where I live, Phoenix is better, anywho I just mouisterized my hair and put on some castor oil and wrapped it, its a little thick but works good.

Back