Help ! I'm a newbie , I want to know how to grow healthy and thicker hair

myeducation1st

hi , I'm new to the site and I really want to learn how to take care of my hair.my hair is thin and I want to know what I can do to make it thicker. Lastly, are there any vitamins that are proven to enhance hair growth?

Hi newbie! :welcome:

Idk if there are vitamins that will enhance your hair growth in a major way, because everyone's body is different, but the main thing is to be healty. I see most people here have a main multi-vitamin and then take other pills for their own personal needs. Here are some more informative threads, to help you determine what your hair & body needs.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=35278

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=213327&highlight=vitamins (read the thrid post, perfect for you)

HAPPY HAIR GROWING! (HHG)

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! I suggest just stalking the website and visiting fotkis of members who have the same hair type as yourself. By linking up with them, they can offer you advice on what worked for THEIR hair. I say "THEIR" in caps because not everyone has the same hair types and needs, but it's good to go out and get some ideas instaed of starting full throttle with no clue. Also, figure out what type of hair texture you have and your length and what you think your hair would need the most to thrive and to help achieve a healthy hair goal. When i started (thanks to my dear friend) I staked fotkis for days and I was always on LHCF. It took me a while to get my regimen down (and I'm still working on it) but it was good getting on and figuring out the deifferent options that were out there for me. Hope that helps!

Hey I'm a newbie too and I'm using nioxin, biotin, and vitamin c and I just recently bought boundless tresses I heard a lot of great stuff about it

Welcome :newbie:

As far as vitamins go, biotin helps with growth and thickness. It won't make the hair you already have thicker, but it will make your newgrowth thicker. MSM helps lengthen the growing phase, so you can get more growth over a longer period of time. It also softens your new growth and some see extra growth from it. Three other vits that people have gotten growth from are Fo-ti, kelp and silica. A lot of members (including myself) take GNC's Ultra Nourishair for growth. One thing that's great about vitamins is that they're good for your hair AND overall health and well being. Try doing a search on vitmins, gymfreak has an ultimate vitamin guide that's really helpful.

Growth aids are another way to get growth. BT (Boundless Tresses) MTG (Mane Tail Groom) MN (miconazole nitrate) and Lenzi's Request are all popular on the board, try doing a search on those to see which one would best suit your needs

Try not to get overwhelmed by all of the information and products. Start off by keeping your regimen simple, wash and deep condition once or twice a week, moisturize daily, stretch your relaxers, lay off the heat and wear protective styles. Once you get the hang of it, you can start to tweek things here and there. HHG :grin:

Last edited:
Vitamins can help but make sure you are drinking lots of water while taking them so you can get the full benefit. And a balanced diet, and exercise will help also.

I’m new too and this is my routine so far-

GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails Formula 2X daily and One-a-day multi-vitamin

Weekly hot oil (V05 or my own mixture) pre-poo treatment, ORS creamy aloe shampoo, ORS hair mayonnaise + Hollywood beauty olive oil

Co-wash once a week with pre-COW hot oil treatment

ORS olive oil as a moisturizer and EO mix as a scalp moisturizer and seal

I also drink 64 ounces of water a day

I’ve been doing all of these together for the past month or so and I’m trying to be patient and optimistic. :)

I’m new too and this is my routine so far-

GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails Formula 2X daily and One-a-day multi-vitamin

Weekly hot oil (V05 or my own mixture) pre-poo treatment, ORS creamy aloe shampoo, ORS hair mayonnaise + Hollywood beauty olive oil

Co-wash once a week with pre-COW hot oil treatment

ORS olive oil as a moisturizer and EO mix as a scalp moisturizer and seal

I also drink 64 ounces of water a day

I’ve been doing all of these together for the past month or so and I’m trying to be patient and optimistic.

Hi! Welcome to the board.

I don't think you should use the creamy aloe shampoo every week. It's a chelating shampoo made to remove calcium buildup and product buildup. I think if you use it everyday, it can dry your hair out.

Hi! Welcome to the board.

I don't think you should use the creamy aloe shampoo every week. It's a chelating shampoo made to remove calcium buildup and product buildup. I think if you use it everyday, it can dry your hair out.

Hi there and thanks for the advice :)

Some advise I can give is:

1. eat right
  2. wear protective styles
  3. dont cut ur hair
  4. keep hair moist
  5. tie it up at night w/ satin scarf
  6. oil scalp
  7. wash weekly
  8. air dry
  9. if you straiten only do it once a week
  10. dont mess with it
  11. if natural try to keep it untangled
  12. if relaxed keep a constant relax schedule based on your growing speed (I relax mine every 3 months if I dont it will start breaking off)
Thats what i do and its workin takes years though be patient!:yep: oh yeah take pics to keep track of your progress.

Last edited:
Back